2009 Cubs thread

daa84

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 19, 2009 -> 05:17 PM)
I thought it was a great swing, just stayed up in the air a little too long.

I feel that Theriot has tried to hit for way too much power this season. That's not his game. He's a little man and he should play the little man's game. He did that last year and it worked pretty well for him.

In that situation, with a tying run at third, he needs to try and swing for a single. Put it in the hole. He shouldn't even think about hitting the ball in the air unless it lands between three guys in the outfield.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 19, 2009 -> 05:39 PM)
What the hell is wrong with this umpire? Of course, Marmol got a call a foot off the plate.

That first pitch to Lee was a strike but called a ball. Big difference between a 1-0 count and an 0-1 count.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 19, 2009 -> 05:37 PM)
BTW, please never post that a game is over or that a team is done before the final out. Thanks!

Even when it's 25-2?

Wood got out of it. But wow, the Indians are probably going to lose this game and it's very comical.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 20, 2009 -> 06:03 AM)
I don't know. I do get that 'awakened sleeping giant' vibe.

No kidding, Lee even admitted yesterday that Thursday gave them the confidence to fight back at the end of a game. Lee's at it again today...him and Soto must have got their shipment finally sent to them this season.