2009 Cubs thread

daa84

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jun 28, 2009 -> 07:17 PM)
At this point with the cubs, you gotta look past the contracts. You f***ing suck, go sit down. The only problem is they have no one to replace them with.

Well I'd much rather have Fox than Soriano and Hoffpauir instead of Bradley.

It's definitely doable. Out of everybody, you would think Lou has the balls to make changes.

If I made the lineup, it would look something like this...

1. Johnson CF

2. Theriot SS

3. Lee 1B

4. Hoffpauir RF

5. Fox LF

6. Soto C

7. Fontenot 3B

8. Blanco 2B

9. Pitcher

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Jul 1, 2009 -> 10:32 AM)
Levine was just on ESPN 1000 and said that basically the Cubs have no input from ownership other than they can't add payroll. Zell is an absent owner and the potential new owners have no footing to say anything

Until they come up with $900 million, the Cubs are in limbo.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Jul 1, 2009 -> 10:32 AM)
Levine was just on ESPN 1000 and said that basically the Cubs have no input from ownership other than they can't add payroll. Zell is an absent owner and the potential new owners have no footing to say anything

Doesn't Levine realize that this info has been obvious for months now? That's not exactly breaking news.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 2, 2009 -> 11:35 AM)
Doesn't Levine realize that this info has been obvious for months now? That's not exactly breaking news.

I probably didn't write the post in a propper manner, he wasn't saying it as breaking news. He was just pointing out how odd it is that a team worth 900 million dollars is getting no input from any owner other than don't add payroll. He was saying there's little to no communication about any matters

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Jul 2, 2009 -> 09:43 AM)
I probably didn't write the post in a propper manner, he wasn't saying it as breaking news. He was just pointing out how odd it is that a team worth 900 million dollars is getting no input from any owner other than don't add payroll. He was saying there's little to no communication about any matters

Seriously, how the hell is Sam Zell a billionaire and I'm not?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 2, 2009 -> 04:42 PM)
Assuming Houston can hold a 6-1 lead in San Diego they're going to be tied with the Cubs at 3.5 games back until tonight's Cubs game.

That is just awesome, as Houston just isn't very good at all.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 3, 2009 -> 09:05 PM)
Is their a SS with less range than Theriot?

I don't know, but Jason Kendall as leadoff hitter is pretty funny. Milwaukee's leaving a lot of men on base in the past few innings.