2009 Cubs thread

daa84

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its been hard to avoid them in my life, all my best friends are Cubs fans and Ive learned to accept it, as they actually know baseball so our conversations are actually meaningful and respectful.

Ive met dumbass Cubs fans and its pretty easy to make them stupid if they try to rip on the Sox. I usually have more knowledge about their own team anyways.

Nice defense by the Reds so far in the first inning. The Reds are probably going to finish this year 20 games below. 500. Good thing for them they didn't try to make any upgrades. And wow, does Cueto absolutely suck in the first innings now.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 26, 2009 -> 04:19 PM)
It's ridiculous the amount of umpiring calls the Cubs have received over the last few months. Just a terrible weekend of baseball though, as the Cubs are now in first place and the Sox are in meltdown mode.

Baseball situations change so much from day to day who cares WTF happened in a three day period.

QUOTE (SHIPPS @ Jul 26, 2009 -> 10:21 PM)
Baseball situations change so much from day to day who cares WTF happened in a three day period.

When it's against the team you're tied with coming into the weekend, I think it means an awful lot. Tonight's game is so huge for numerous reasons.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 26, 2009 -> 04:19 PM)
It's ridiculous the amount of umpiring calls the Cubs have received over the last few months. Just a terrible weekend of baseball though, as the Cubs are now in first place and the Sox are in meltdown mode.

When the actually have to face real teams and not one of the worst teams ever (nationals) and another cellar dwellar, they will come back to Earth. At least the Stros are decent (for the NL at least).

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 26, 2009 -> 09:25 PM)
Which of the NL Central teams has the toughest schedule down the stretch?

Cubs have a ton of games remaining against their AAA squad, the Pirates. They still have road games at Dodgers, Giants, Rockies, Mets (hopefully healthy), and Marlins.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jul 26, 2009 -> 09:24 PM)
When the actually have to face real teams and not one of the worst teams ever (nationals) and another cellar dwellar, they will come back to Earth. At least the Stros are decent (for the NL at least).

It will be funny if Astros play them tougher this week without Mr. Cub, Lance Berkman

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 26, 2009 -> 04:24 PM)
When it's against the team you're tied with coming into the weekend, I think it means an awful lot. Tonight's game is so huge for numerous reasons.

Yes inner division games hold a little more importance but whether we won the last three or Detriot it is going to be a close battle with them all the way to 162 if not more.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 26, 2009 -> 02:27 PM)
Cubs have a ton of games remaining against their AAA squad, the Pirates. They still have road games at Dodgers, Giants, Rockies, Mets (hopefully healthy), and Marlins.

Didn't the Pirates (admittedly with a better roster) play them tough earlier this season?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 26, 2009 -> 09:29 PM)
Didn't the Pirates (admittedly with a better roster) play them tough earlier this season?

Not that I can recall. I think Cubs are 4-2 against them this year, and Pirates lineup will only get weaker in the next week.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 27, 2009 -> 10:46 PM)
Why can no one hit the Cubs pitching? Outside of the Lilly game against Philadelphia, their pitching has been amazing since the ASB.

Well, they did face the Nats and Reds.