2009 Cubs thread

daa84

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 11, 2009 -> 10:46 AM)
The Cubs are also missing 2/5 of their starting rotation right now.

I think the Cubs biggest problem right now is they suck. They can beat really bad teams (especially at home) which is why they are in shouting distance since they're an NL team, but really, the Cubs are a bad team.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 12, 2009 -> 12:37 AM)
I think the Cubs biggest problem right now is they suck. They can beat really bad teams (especially at home) which is why they are in shouting distance since they're an NL team, but really, the Cubs are a bad team.

Haven't won a series against a team with a .500 record or better since April.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 11, 2009 -> 09:35 PM)
Did the Phillies have a home run that got overturned?

Yes, but it was a god awful call. I have no idea how it was called a HR in the first place, the right call was made in the end.

That shows how year to year BP guys can be. Two of the most dominant pen guys last year, Lidge as a closer and Marmol as a set-up, absolutely wet the bed tonight, continuing a their trends for the year.

That was typical Cub reactions, Marmol flat out was bad tonight, walked 2 and hit a guy, then on a 3-0 count a borderline call went against him and he and then Lou complained.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Aug 12, 2009 -> 08:09 PM)
Pedro is throwing 94. I had no idea he still had that left in him.

He's around the high 80s, but he's pumped it up to the low to mid 90s at times.

There's no way that gun is right. It has that ND geek hitting the mid 90's too, and his pitches seem to barely have any zip. Certainly the Phillies' hitters don't think so.

I was rolling after Rollins 3 run homer. Not cuz it was a homer, but a female Cub fan was jumping up and down, celebrating, cuz her boyfriend caught the ball. Who cares if the other team is up 7 runs, my bf got a ball!!!!

QUOTE (Brian @ Aug 12, 2009 -> 06:27 PM)
I was rolling after Rollins 3 run homer. Not cuz it was a homer, but a female Cub fan was jumping up and down, celebrating, cuz her boyfriend caught the ball. Who cares if the other team is up 7 runs, my bf got a ball!!!!

Did he throw it back?

hahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahah, ahahahahahahhahahahahahaha, ahahahahahhaha, hahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahaahhahahaha,hahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahah

Oh man, I was having a crappy day and I will admit that I'm shallow and I am enjoying this. Didn't they pay overslot for ND Boy and didn't many people thought they reached at that?

I know they had to keep him away from football, but come on, the Phillies hits sounded like shotgun blasts tonight... but according to Brenley he was getting squeezed, so if he wasn't I'm sure he'd be working on a no hitter right now

Another gem was when Len and Bob were taking a break about talking about how they both enjoy hip music and they play guitar they were discussing last nights game and were wondering how with only 3 hits the Phills could have possibly won it? I don't know guys, maybe because Marmol flat out sucked and for some reason Lou didn't have Grabow ready?

Edited by SoxFan562004

God what an ass beating the Phillies are putting on the Cubs. Fans in Wrigley already waiving white flags/surrendering for this game. The Phillies have an amazing record since 2001 against the Cubs. I think I heard the Cubs haven't won a series against them since 01 as well. They just PWN them.