2009 Cubs thread

daa84

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Apr 8, 2009 -> 02:41 AM)
If the Cubs don't make it to the top in two years, they better hope like hell Vitters is a monster. Soto, Theriot, and Fontenot are not going to cut it if all their other players start breaking down.

Who cares, they'll just spend a fortune and get talent in the FA market. Like it or not, Cubs are going to be good for the perceivable future.

cubs got a lucky call at 3rd...miles didnt get the bag

cubs fans love to call hawk a homer....len kasper is just as bad...even brenley said it was a bad call and kaspers just such a b****

QUOTE (daa84 @ Apr 8, 2009 -> 03:59 AM)

cubs fans love to call hawk a homer....len kasper is just as bad...even brenley said it was a bad call and kaspers just such a b****

Kasper has turned into such a freaking turd. Terrible decision making by the Astros all night.

len kasper is just as bad...even brenley said it was a bad call and kaspers just such a b****

They saw it as a make up call. The previous inning there was a missed call on Reed Johnson who was called out at first but was clearly safe.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Apr 8, 2009 -> 11:05 AM)
Marmol will replace him quickly I imagine, but he'll still be lurking in the 7th and 8th.

It just doesnt make sense, the reason Marmol wasnt the "closer" is for situations last night where he could come in and get a much needed strikeout. So, instead of using Marmol they being in Gregg and ofcourse end up losing the game.

QUOTE (SoxFan101 @ Apr 8, 2009 -> 11:25 AM)
It just doesnt make sense, the reason Marmol wasnt the "closer" is for situations last night where he could come in and get a much needed strikeout. So, instead of using Marmol they being in Gregg and ofcourse end up losing the game.

true, it just goes to show that their pen is a major weakness for them. I think if Heilman shows anything they'll try him as the 8th inning guy and Marmol as closer. both Gregg and Heilman have a career WHIP of about 1.3, which isn't great for a relief pitcher.

Is there an update on Soto? He left yesterday with a sore right shoulder

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 7, 2009 -> 12:17 AM)
Gregg also looked decent enough even though he gave up a run. If the Cubs stay healthy, especially Soriano, they obviously are the class of that division.

If they make the playoffs year after year, eventually they are going to strike it rich.

Injuries will be key as always but they appear to be the class of that division again.

I don't see them making the playoffs year after year. In face I picked the Reds to win the central this year. Cincinnati's young talent is sick, I can see them making the playoffs for the next few years.

QUOTE (SoxFan101 @ Apr 8, 2009 -> 11:25 AM)

It may not...but the fact that Marmol was in the WBC and Gregg did pitch lights out in Spring Training had a lot to do with it tho.

QUOTE (daa84 @ Apr 8, 2009 -> 05:11 PM)
it took until game 3 for me to say it......but when brian moehler is the #3 starter, your team is pathetic...cubs are gonna absolutely run away with this division

The Astros and The Pirates are the 2 teams no one seems to think has a shot in that division. St. Louis, Milwaukee, Cinci might be different stories.

QUOTE (WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Apr 9, 2009 -> 10:48 AM)
Off topic at the moment, but I'm sick of this and had to get it off my chest. I'm f***ing sick of the fact that Carlos Zambrano is considered an ace pitcher, when he's far from it.

2007-3.95 ERA, 1.33 WHIP

2008-3.90 ERA, 1.29 WHIP

From 2003-2006 he was. He has regressed a bit since then.

QUOTE (CanOfCorn @ Apr 8, 2009 -> 03:21 PM)
It may not...but the fact that Marmol was in the WBC and Gregg did pitch lights out in Spring Training had a lot to do with it tho.

That and Marmol is far more important to the team when he can pitch two innings, rather then one.

Off topic at the moment, but I'm sick of this and had to get it off my chest. I'm f***ing sick of the fact that Carlos Zambrano is considered an ace pitcher, when he's far from it.

2007-3.95 ERA, 1.33 WHIP

2008-3.90 ERA, 1.29 WHIP

This is funny considering it's coming from a guy who thinks Aaron Harang should be in the Cy Young talks.