2009 Cubs thread

daa84

QUOTE (WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Apr 9, 2009 -> 10:48 AM)
Off topic at the moment, but I'm sick of this and had to get it off my chest. I'm f***ing sick of the fact that Carlos Zambrano is considered an ace pitcher, when he's far from it.

2007-3.95 ERA, 1.33 WHIP

2008-3.90 ERA, 1.29 WHIP

buehrle has accomplished a ton more in his career and while pitching in the a.l. but he doesnt throw hard and gives up a lot of hits. he doesnt strike guys out so zambrano is a stud pitcher with his almost 4 era in the n.l. and far superior bcuz he does strike guys out.

Edited by Melissa1334

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 10, 2009 -> 04:00 PM)
I still can't believe the Cubs got Harden for nothing. He looks fantastic so far today, as his fastball is topping out at 97 mph.

You could say that about him and Aramis. It's like other teams want to see the Cubs win it all. I'm befuddled.

QUOTE (JustWin @ Apr 10, 2009 -> 09:25 PM)
The Cubs are down 2-1 but you know it's just a matter of time before they take the lead (and probably win). When the Sox were down 2-0 yesterday we knew the game was over. WTF???!!!!!

And yep, there's the lead for the Cubs. They're so much better than every other team in the NL Central, it's scary.

And yep, there's the lead for the Cubs. They're so much better than every other team in the NL Central, it's scary.

And they scored after 2 were out and nobody on. With their pitching staff and offense they have a chance to win every single game. Even though that won't happen, that's still sick (and annoying as a Sox fan).

Also, not only are they far and away better than everyone else in their division, but they really are one of the top teams in the whole NL. They were last year too and look how that turned out...but I know they're not always going to go 3 and out in the first round of the playoffs.

Edited by JustWin

It's sad how Milwaukee has surrounded Fielder, Hart and Braun with such pathetic players. I'll go as far to say that team is done, as their window with all their young guys has closed. They have a brutal pitching staff with only two decent arms. Just two years ago, it looked like they could have a potential NL dynasty on their hands.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 10, 2009 -> 05:59 PM)
It's sad how Milwaukee has surrounded Fielder, Hart and Braun with such pathetic players. I'll go as far to say that team is done, as their window with all their young guys has closed. They have a brutal pitching staff with only two decent arms. Just two years ago, it looked like they could have a potential NL dynasty on their hands.

You know Fielder could be graded as soon as this July if they fall back far.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 10, 2009 -> 06:11 PM)
Ah yes, the weak link for the Cubs...Kevin Gregg. I can't believe Soriano wasn't playing no doubles.

Anyone else see Vizcaino for the Cubs? I don't miss that guy.

They were saying how Wood = Gregg, and its really a wash..

Isn't that second save hes blown already?

QUOTE (chimpy2121 @ Apr 10, 2009 -> 06:13 PM)
That's the first of many to come. I wonder how long he's going to last in this role.

If Lou is watching and paying attention, this should be his last chance. Or maybe a couple more shots at Wrigley. Marmol is so much better and its not even close.