The Tigers may be after a Cuban SS/2B

Cubano

I spoke to a friend of mine that has some contacts in the Dominican R. today. He said that SS/2B Jose "Candelita" Iglesias may be drawing attention from the Tigers. Supposely, the Tigers are offering 3.5 millions. He defected in 2008 along side LHP Noel Arguelles and another pitcher in Canada while in the World Junior tournament.

It is just a rumor. I do not think the Chi Sox will go after him bacause it does not make sense for them to do so.

Edited by Cubano

QUOTE (Cubano @ Feb 21, 2009 -> 12:43 AM)
I spoke to a frien of mine that has some contacts in the Dominican R. today. He said that SS/2B Jose "Candelita" Iglesias may be drawing attention from the Tigers. Supposely, the Tigers are offering 3.5 millions. He defected in 2008 along side LHP Noel Arguelles and another pitcher in Canada while in the World Junior tournament.

It is just a rumor. I do not think the Chi Sox will go after him bacause it does not make sense for them to do so.

It makes sense for the Tigers, because Adam Everett is a stopgap for now with Guillen moving to LF and Polanco is getting up there in years, too.

I guess it depends on the number of years to say $3.5 million is a lot in this depressed market...if it's modelled on the Ramirez deal, it would be better...or the average or one year salary was $3.5 million, you would wonder why they didn't just go out and get Orlando Hudson, Cabrera, etc.

I would be pretty surprised if DET sank that money into a playing heading into the perfect economic storm for the city that has been portended.