Countdown to the massive splurge

Nokona

QUOTE (shipps @ Feb 22, 2009 -> 02:22 PM)
As in a few other threads today I havent know what people are talking about, I dont know what you are talking about in this one. What does a splurge have to do with Owens bunting?

Im with you, I looked at this thread and expected some sarcastic thread regarding the Sox lack of spending this offseason and I looked at the first post and said "Huh? Whayoutalkinbout?"

QUOTE (Nokona @ Feb 22, 2009 -> 01:28 PM)
God I can't wait for Jerry Owens to bunt on Wednesday

The only thing worse than watching Jerry Owens take a full swing, and dribble the ball to 2nd base will be Hawks reaction to it. Hawks Bromance with Owens will be silly.

"Stone Poney, I tell you what. I read today that Jerry is only hitting .225. But as you know that only tells part of the story. How many runs did he help us score, by scaring the pitcher with his flashlike abilities to run to first. Dont tell me what you hit, tell me how fast you run that out to first. He is hustling and those hits will drop. They just have 6 guys in the infield. Thats not fair. And his defense, woosh. He can run under a ball sure. And with his speed, he can get to the ball before its hit. I tell you the only player I think even comes to Jerry Owens talent is playing up in CF for the Twins and I tell you thats a good looking MVP candidate."