2009 Oscars Thread

Brian

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just so I don't look retarded, here's the Family Guy skit:

Lois: I feel like that fat-ass British girl from Titanic.

Peter: What girl?

Lois: The *lead* in Titanic. The one opposite Leonardo Di Caprio.

Peter: Sweetheart, that was a guy.

Lois: What?

Peter: That was a guy. That was Philip Seymour Hoffman.

Lois: No it wasn't!

Peter: Yes it was, honey. It was Philip Seymour Hoffman. Look at you out here on a big trip.

They usually have given out the award for Supporting Actor by now. I think they are pushing it back to keep viewers. I have to go to the bathroom and am afraid to cuz it is the one award I wanna see given out and I don't want to miss it.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Feb 22, 2009 -> 08:44 PM)
Did you see the other nominees? I think Frost/Nixon was easily better, easily.

And yes, that was a great skit.

I did not see Frost/Nixon. I wouldn't understand it since I know diddly about Watergate.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Feb 22, 2009 -> 09:44 PM)
Did you see the other nominees? I think Frost/Nixon was easily better, easily.

And yes, that was a great skit.

I'm not able to watch because I'm still in Thailand and the streams aren't very good.

What did The Reader win for?

I guess I'll have to catch that skit on youtube or something. At least I was able to see Pineapple Express, though.

So the only surprise so far is Penelope Cruz I guess?

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Feb 22, 2009 -> 09:52 PM)
I'm not able to watch because I'm still in Thailand and the streams aren't very good.

What did The Reader win for?

I guess I'll have to catch that skit on youtube or something. At least I was able to see Pineapple Express, though.

So the only surprise so far is Penelope Cruz I guess?

I guess. That's the only major award so far, I think. Slumdog Millionaire was Best Screenplay. I suppose that's a bigger award, and it's not a surprise. I'm not sure what The Reader won for, if anything. I was referring to the short live-action award.

QUOTE (santo=dorf @ Feb 22, 2009 -> 09:47 PM)
I saw Slumdog last night and aside from the goofy dance number during the credits, I thought it was fantastic and was the third best film I saw this year behind TDK and WALL-E.

It seems that tonight will be the official coronation for Freida Pinto, who spoke probably 20-30 lines in that whole movie and will now become the IT girl of hte moment due to her country of origin, the growing interest in Bollywood, her beauty and her interesting dress.

The big question becomes will she ever evolve into more than a pretty face? Can she carry a movie on her own or be a lead actor/actress? I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Slumdog Millionaire star Freida Pinto has reportedly called off her engagement to Rohan Antao after work commitments left her with too little time to spend with him.

Actress Pinto and Antao, both 24, met four years ago when they were studying at St Xavier's University in Mumbai, India.

Antao allegedly supported his partner's career after she left university and became a successful model and TV presenter.

But her recent catapult to fame thanks to the international box office success of Slumdog Millionaire has put a strain on their relationship, prompting Pinto to call it a day.

A friend tells British tabloid the Sunday Mirror, "Freida called off the engagement after the film took off. She could never have imagined how rapidly her career would grow and it's all been overwhelming."