2009 Oscars Thread

Brian

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Feb 22, 2009 -> 10:00 PM)
It seems that tonight will be the official coronation for Freida Pinto, who spoke probably 20-30 lines in that whole movie and will now become the IT girl of hte moment due to her country of origin, the growing interest in Bollywood, her beauty and her interesting dress.

The big question becomes will she ever evolve into more than a pretty face? Can she carry a movie on her own or be a lead actor/actress? I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Slumdog Millionaire star Freida Pinto has reportedly called off her engagement to Rohan Antao after work commitments left her with too little time to spend with him.

Actress Pinto and Antao, both 24, met four years ago when they were studying at St Xavier's University in Mumbai, India.

Antao allegedly supported his partner's career after she left university and became a successful model and TV presenter.

But her recent catapult to fame thanks to the international box office success of Slumdog Millionaire has put a strain on their relationship, prompting Pinto to call it a day.

A friend tells British tabloid the Sunday Mirror, "Freida called off the engagement after the film took off. She could never have imagined how rapidly her career would grow and it's all been overwhelming."

Glad to see she's not a huge f***ing b****.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Feb 22, 2009 -> 10:03 PM)

Glad to see she's not a huge f***ing b****.

I saw a picture of her fiance last week when she broke it off. She is definitely out of his league.

I need to see a picture of her in this dress people are talking about.

Heath's sister is hot.

QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 22, 2009 -> 10:04 PM)
I saw a picture of her fiance last week when she broke it off. She is definitely out of his league.

I need to see a picture of her in this dress people are talking about.

Heath's sister is hot.

She wasn't out of his league when she wasn't famous, apparently.

I would really like to see Trouble the Water, too....seems like an interesting one, although Hoop Dreams might never be eclipsed for best documentary ever.

I know Michael Moore and March of the Penguins have their fans, but Hoop Dreams was it...although I have to admit the one about the girls' basketball season in the Pacific Northwest was really entertaining too, just because of the coach and the saga of the star player.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Feb 22, 2009 -> 10:13 PM)
I would really like to see Trouble the Water, too....seems like an interesting one, although Hoop Dreams might never be eclipsed for best documentary ever.

I know Michael Moore and March of the Penguins have their fans, but Hoop Dreams was it...although I have to admit the one about the girls' basketball season in the Pacific Northwest was really entertaining too, just because of the coach and the saga of the star player.

Bowling For Columbine, easy.

QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 22, 2009 -> 09:02 PM)
And I'll say it first, "F all the people who say he only won cuz he died."

Well this statement is impossible to prove false. People have been calling for him to win at the Oscars since literally the mere hours after he died, so to say it had no influence on him winning at all is probably false.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Feb 22, 2009 -> 10:23 PM)
Well this statement is impossible to prove false. People have been calling for him to win at the Oscars since literally the mere hours after he died, so to say it had no influence on him winning at all is probably false.

I've seen video of him promoting some other movie and talking about The Dark Knight and asked about the hype of the job he did. Some people were talking about it while filming.

Agreed, the Ledger "hype" goes back well before the movie even came out. It was coronated at that point, and probably his death put the exclamation point. It's like the perfect made for t.v. moment...which is why I guess they held that award longer this year.

I usually like some of the musical performances that are live, but this year isn't as interesting in that category.