2009 Oscars Thread

Brian

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 22, 2009 -> 11:21 PM)
I'm not debating if Hathaway was good in it, I just have never pictured her as being able to pull something like that off.

Anne Hathaway is like a cross between Cindy Crawford and Eva Green...not a model like Cindy, not as good an actress as Eva Green.

Sometimes she's really pretty, and I think she's a serious actress with some chops....then there are movies like Princess Diaries or Get Smart. She's had her moments, though, like Brokeback Mountain, Rachel Getting Married and Havoc. Bride Wars, not one of her best.

Still, she should challenge Amy Adams and Isla Fisher for the cutesy Sandra Bullock/Kate Hudson/Meg Ryan type roles going forward. Has Sandra Bullock fallen off the face of the earth, btw?

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Feb 22, 2009 -> 10:37 PM)
Sean Penn just gave me one more reason to believe that he was given this Oscar because the character he played was gay, talking about the protesters outside.

Here is the winnah formula.

A Gay Wrestler goes to India to fight against Nazi's set to a musical.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Feb 22, 2009 -> 11:39 PM)
I'm not an expert at all, but would I be out of line to say Sean Penn only beat Mickey Rourke because he played a gay character and a political statement wanted to be made?

It wouldn't be the first time the Academy felt it needed to make a political statement. You are very in line.