2009 AL Central Thread

daa84

The Tigers offense against Ponson, Benson, Horacio Ramirez or RA Dickey is a different animal.

Wow, that's so sweet!!! Nick Swisher is personally wrapping Xavier Nady in towels to keep him warm on the bench since Nick Wally Pipped his position.

FWIW, I think I would rather watch the Hannah Montana movie than see Swisher's mug...and the female Yankees' radio broadcaster has a crush on him already. I wonder how long that love affair will last?

• Replies 889
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That means they now have to go to Zach Jackson, Aaron Laffey or Sowers as their fifth starter. Things are getting ugly already in CLE, they could be 0-5 after today...right now they are down 4-1 in the bottom of the 6th.

4-3 Tigers over the Rangers...Rodney with a 1-2-3 ninth. The Tigers have officially awakened, 3-3 record now.

We will be facing Miner, Galarraga and Porcello.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 11, 2009 -> 02:02 PM)
That means they now have to go to Zach Jackson, Aaron Laffey or Sowers as their fifth starter. Things are getting ugly already in CLE, they could be 0-5 after today...right now they are down 4-1 in the bottom of the 6th.

4-3 Tigers over the Rangers...Rodney with a 1-2-3 ninth. The Tigers have officially awakened, 3-3 record now.

We will be facing Miner, Galarraga and Porcello.

That's gonna be a rough final 2 games. We suck against pitcher's we've never faced before, especially ones that are pretty good.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Apr 11, 2009 -> 05:28 PM)
Considering Batting Average is a pretty useless statistic, i don't really mind that really.

batting average has a pretty direct correlation in regards to OBP, SLG, and OPS. It is overused at times, and a .310 average does not make you a good player, nor does a .230 average make you a bad player, but it is far from useless.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Apr 13, 2009 -> 11:04 AM)
well he obviously won't keep up this crazy pace, but if he puts up his career numbers he will be an above average hitter.

He was not a good fit here so don't think he would be performing in a similar fashion if he were still on the Sox. I would not lament the loss of Swisher. It is too bad we gave up Sweeney for him, but who knows how he would be performing here as well. Organization can make all the difference for some players.