2009 AL Central Thread

daa84

• Replies 889
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 17, 2009 -> 08:14 PM)
Crap, Kubel hits a slam in the 8th, he's hit for the cycle. What a terrible day of baseball.

That's what, 3 players hitting for the cycle in 4 days?

Is that suddenly becoming ordinary? At this rate we'll have like 75 guys do it this season.

Probably everyone but Alexei Ramirez will hit for the cycle at the rate things are going.

Well, I can't say that anything the Twins do will surprise me...at least in their Humpty Dome. Without Mauer.

But they're not facing the best of the Angels' starters by a long shot. Of course, when we face them, you know we'll get Lackey/Saunders/Weaver/Santana/Escobar.

Looks like the new Yankee stadium is going to be a homer-dome.

They've had some pretty harmless looking flyballs flying out of the park.

I saw a fan on a Cleveland board comment how it makes USCF look like Dodger stadium in comparison.

Zach Greinke downs the Rangers 2-0 with his first career shutout/CG.

34 consecutive scoreless innings stretching over 2 seasons (19 IP this year)...Harrelson's "man love" is right on this one.

Royals now 7-4 and have beaten Rangers two in a row, tough to do in Arlington. Josh Hamilton is almost as lost as Alexei Ramirez.

Also, the M's have really turned things around, kudos to Jack Z. and the gang, they lead AL in ERA under Rick Adair. Beat the Tiggers.

And Zack Greinke throws a CG shutout (0 walks, 10 K's) against the best offense in baseball IN Texas. I said on opening day that I thought Meche/Greinke might be the best 1-2 combo in the AL Central. It might be the best 1-2 in all of baseball (at least it has been through the first two weeks).

Edit: Caulfield beat me to it.

Edited by Jordan4life

The Central will be a dogfight. Edwin Jackson is really pitching well for the Tigers. He shut out the M's (in SEA) for 7+ innings and then Seay and Rodney finished it.

If they can get Bonderman back and/or Porcello pitches like Verlander in his rookie season, look out. They still don't really have a fifth starter (Robertson/Miner), but I think DET could end up being the best team in the division if Perry and Zumaya can team together with Lyon and Rodney to be a shutdown bullpen.

That's assuming that their older guys like Ordonez, Guillen, Everett and Polanco can stay healthy.

Minnesota will always be dangerous at home, but without 2006 Liriano and Mauer, they are a 85-87 win team, at best. Their bullpen still has gaping holes, and they will continue to flounder on the road, just as they're almost impossible to beat at home.

Edited by caulfield12