2009 AL Central Thread

daa84

QUOTE (fathom @ May 15, 2009 -> 07:39 PM)
Jim, any idea what's up with Delmon Young. Sounds like a serious family matter. Hope his family is ok, as they seemed very cool when MLB Network showed that amazing documentary on the family.

I don't know too much actually. I heard about it on the radio tonight and really haven't checked up on it. But he flew out to California and is on a 'Bereavement' list and will be out 3-7 days.

==

you all got your wishes. Joe Crede left tonights game with a tweaked lower back.

• Replies 889
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Benchwarmerjim @ May 15, 2009 -> 08:14 PM)
you all got your wishes. Joe Crede left tonights game with a tweaked lower back.

I don't think anyone wished that it would happen, but more just predicting when it would happen.

yeah, I guess I said that wrong.

I get how you Sox fans really dug that guy though. He is a vacuum cleaner at 3B. Obviously, I saw him play some when he was a Sox, but following him everyday, I appreciate him even more (especially after the long list of bad-to-mediocre 3bmen the Twins have had since Koskie's glory days in the early 2000s)

Twins choke away the win in NY, as Nathan blows a 4-2 lead.

They always seem to struggle in NYC. Matsui and Swisher failed by Melky Cabrera came up with a two out single to score the final two runs with the bases loaded.

CLE blew their huge lead at TB as well. Indians' bullpen is worse than our offense, if that's humanly possible. CLE has now officially blown a 7-0 lead. BJ Upton gets his first homer of the season, walkoff against former Sox 05 pitcher Luis Vizcaino. Good thing we didn't pick him up!

The biggest problem we have is that DJ Carrasco and Broadway will go on the DL soon with how many innings they're pitching.

Edited by caulfield12

from the StarTrib about Joe Crede

Update: Manager Ron Gardenhire said Crede had back spasms and his hamstrings were tightening up.

“So we got him out of there as quick as we could, and we’ll see what happens. We’ll just go day-to-day.”

he has had some Hammy problems of late. It happened after playing in the rain in Baltimore a few weeks back

Holy cow, I thought the Indians and Twins were both going to win tonight for sure. Just saw that they both blew their leads (especially surprised about the Indians). The AL Central is giving the NL West a good battle for worst division in baseball.

Can we please, please win a few games in a row and at least get back to .500? Or at the very least just play good, solid baseball?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 15, 2009 -> 07:53 AM)
Once he tweeked his back this season was over. I wouldn't be surprised if the samething happened again around June 1st. Joe doesn't seem to be able to get more than a couple of months at a time of his back.

QUOTE (Benchwarmerjim @ May 15, 2009 -> 08:14 PM)
I don't know too much actually. I heard about it on the radio tonight and really haven't checked up on it. But he flew out to California and is on a 'Bereavement' list and will be out 3-7 days.

==

Eh, a couple of weeks early. That ought to be the beginning of the end of the Joe Crede era in MN.

QUOTE (Benchwarmerjim @ May 17, 2009 -> 04:50 PM)
any Yankee Stadium is a house of horrors for the Twins. Under the Ron Gardenhire regime, they have 3 wins. 3 win in 8 years. thats pretty much impossible to do

I still remember the Mike Trombley game pretty vividly

QUOTE (Benchwarmerjim @ May 17, 2009 -> 04:50 PM)
any Yankee Stadium is a house of horrors for the Twins. Under the Ron Gardenhire regime, they have 3 wins. 3 win in 8 years. thats pretty much impossible to do

I guess that is pretty similar to going three season without holding even a lead in a stadium...

Verlander, after really struggling early, has his BAA at the .212 mark and is at a pace for roughly 300-330 strikeouts.

He's Zach Greinke again except flying under the radar because of the horrible start he got off to this season.

The one thing about Verlander is he isn't able to pitch deep into games because of all the strikeouts and some wildness, but he doesn't need to worry about it with the bullpen they have going right now.

Six games over .500 now unless the bullpen implodes like Kerry Wood last night against KC.

Edited by caulfield12