2009 AL Central Thread

daa84

QUOTE (JustWin @ May 10, 2009 -> 10:11 AM)
He was? It doesn't look like it by by the box score. He went 8 IP and only gave up 1 run on 4 hits. I know stats don't tell the whole story...did he just look bad out there?

Sarcasm.

He usually throws a shutout.

• Replies 889
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ May 10, 2009 -> 03:37 PM)
Griffey just hit a 2 run homer to tie it at Minnesota, and he hit it in the hole for the Subway sign for someone to win $25k.

the contest is for a Twins player to hit it into the sign, then someone wins the dollars.

Ken Griffey Jr should of stayed with the Sox, or tried to sign with an AL Central team. The dude just rakes at the Dome. 26 career HR's there. he has 3 HR's in '09, 2 against the Twins at the Dome.

Royals fans are blaming it on the WBC, of course.

Somehow the White Sox are only 2.5 GB, if we could somehow win 2 of our next 5 (knowing that we NEVER play well at TOR and face Doc Halladay again this series), we should be in decent shape before we come home to face the Twins in a crucial home series.

Thankfully the banged-up Royals are sucking against teams outside of the Central of late.

We are only 3 back. We need to start winning series at home and remain close to .500 on the road. We are sucking at home!

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 12, 2009 -> 10:20 PM)
Royals fans are blaming it on the WBC, of course.

Somehow the White Sox are only 2.5 GB, if we could somehow win 2 of our next 5 (knowing that we NEVER play well at TOR and face Doc Halladay again this series), we should be in decent shape before we come home to face the Twins in a crucial home series.

Not sure I'd use the word crucial in May.

QUOTE (chw42 @ May 13, 2009 -> 05:37 PM)
According to RotoWorld, the Tigers could release Mags. Anybody interested? If only Mags was 25 instead of 35...*sigh.

Man, I didn't realize he'd been that bad this year, sporting a .629 OPS currently. Is this the last year of his contract? Would have to be, 5 year deal signed in 05 right?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 13, 2009 -> 07:40 PM)
Man, I didn't realize he'd been that bad this year, sporting a .629 OPS currently. Is this the last year of his contract? Would have to be, 5 year deal signed in 05 right?

There's an option for 2010, which is why the Tigers want him gone. If he reaches a certain amount of plate appearances, the option kicks in. I don't know why the Tigers won't contemplate trading him.

But if they don't, that's good for anybody willing to pick him up. He's going to get the league minimum and the Tigers will eat this year's contract. So I really don't see why they can't just give the receiving team Mags and some money. They're already going to eat the deal. If Dombrowski just releases him though, I'd like to see the Sox take a shot.

We could have taken a shot on Jones this off-season for $400,000 and look how that's worked out so far. Maybe it's not that bad of an idea to pick up a guy who's over the hill. Anything to get this team going would make me happy. Mags could split time with Thome at DH and start against left handers. He could also spare Dye for a day or two in right every week. It could work out, I just don't know if Mags would want to play for Ozzie again or take the role of a platoon player.

I'd imagine he'd much rather go somewhere where he'd have a chance to play everyday and where they could use a RH bat. San Francisco, NYM, Cincinnati come immediately to mind. Esp. Cinci, he could pad his numbers in their ballpark against NL Pitching and they really need a RH bat between Bruce and Votto.

Great, here comes how clutch he is, forgetting the fact he was 1-6 during the game before that play. It's not going to make KW look very good to the non-smart Sox fan though, especially with Fields being awful lately.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (fathom @ May 14, 2009 -> 12:55 AM)
Great, here comes how clutch he is, forgetting the fact he was 1-6 during the game before that play. It's not going to make KW look very good to the non-smart Sox fan though, especially with Fields being awful lately.

It was inevitable, wasn't it? Meatheads will be meatheads. Crede hit a hanging curve, a lot of other people could do that too.