Baseball America's Top 100 Prospects

chunk23

QUOTE (chunk23 @ Feb 25, 2009 -> 07:35 PM)
To throw more fuel on the fire, BP ranked Carter as a 5-star prospect. Gio and Cunningham are 3-star.

I usually side with BA over BP...or always. They probably have Viciedo as a 3 star prospect as well, and arbitrarily picked that number after never having seen him play. At the very least, I think BA took into consideration the words and reports from scouts who were at his tryout, if not doing more extensive reporting.

I'm sure those rated five star, on average, have better MLB careers...however, if you studied it thoroughly, it doesn't mean much to me at all. Rauch and Borchard were also five star prospects.

QUOTE (Kenny Hates Prospects @ Feb 25, 2009 -> 10:44 AM)
If Brian ever reaches his potential he can be a #6 or #7 guy. I've always felt he could be kind of like a Torii Hunter. The chances of that happening are probably pretty small though, because if he doesn't win the job this ST and perform right away, then he'll probably never get another extended shot again. God I hope Brian does well. Go Brian. I'm sick of having to defend that guy. I just want him to hit .270 over the course of a 500+ AB season, because if he does that, there are going to be 20+ HR that go along with it.

For Brian Anderson to hit .270, he'd have to completely change his entire swing. Or become a tape room junkie.