What will Anderson have played for Crede?

wilmot825

On SportsNite a few nights ago, they reported about Joe Crede signing with the Twins. During this segment they chatted with current White Sox players about their thoughts of the situation. When they got to Brian Anderson he said that the first time Joe comes to bat at in Chicago, he is going to "get him back with worse music than he got me with." From that Anderson said that he had, i think...not too sure, Barry Manilow played when he came to bat and it was all done by Crede. So what song do you think BA is going to throw down on Crede?

My Idea

Gene Honda: Number 24....Joe Crede

Music: Wham! Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go.

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Feb 24, 2009 -> 04:08 PM)
should be funny. Got my tickets for that 1st Twins game, its always cool to see an entire stadium cheer for a returning guy.

I'll be interested to see what kind of ovation Crede really gets. I'd stand and applaud him, but the average fan may view him as a traitor for signing with the Twins and not giving the Sox any chance to resign him, even if they had absolutely no intentions to in the first place.

We always discuss this type thing.

He'll get cheered the first time then after that nothing.

Nobody will boo the guy unless that person is a drunken buffoon.

World Series' come once in a lifetime around here and he helped us get one. Think of how f***ing tough it is to win a World Series especially competing against Boston and NY who spend.

Face facts. We may or may not win another one in our lifetimes. Joe helped us win one. He gets cheered once, ignored the rest of his at bats with those f***ing bums.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Feb 25, 2009 -> 02:43 AM)

World Series' come once in a lifetime around here and he helped us get one. Think of how f***ing tough it is to win a World Series especially competing against Boston and NY who spend.

Face facts. We may or may not win another one in our lifetimes. Joe helped us win one. He gets cheered once, ignored the rest of his at bats with those f***ing bums.

Agreed!

I'd give him a respectable cheer in his first at-bat. It wouldn't be anything like the ovation that I gave Frank in his return, but it'd be enough to show that I appreciate what he did. Then, I'd probably not react at all to him the rest of the game. And I'd boo him in any following game. That sounds adequate.

It won't matter, though, as I likely won't be at his returning game.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Feb 25, 2009 -> 01:43 AM)

I'll cheer him his first at bat back if i'm at the game, and after that, I'll have NO problem booing him (although I won't go out of my way to do it, I'll treat him like any other opposing player). Sorry, but I root for the names on the front of the jerseys and not the back, and thus he's now the enemy and scum in my mind.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

Ill also have a special place in my heart for everyone on that 05' team. That was just one of the best experiences of my sports life (i would of said life, but i dont want to sound like a loser lol). I could never see myself booing a guy who did so much for our team. Without Joe, we would be without a ring. I hope his back problems are over, he has a good year with the Twins, and signs back with us next year. Not gonna happen, but i wouldnt mind it :)

QUOTE (Texsox @ Feb 25, 2009 -> 10:53 AM)
Hell, I've booed guys on the current roster, so I would not have any problems booing when deserved. But I would offer a nice applause when appropriate.

He deserves applause his first at bat back at The Cell for what he did in his Sox career here (although nothing like what Frank got), but after that, he's just another player and should be treated as such. Actually, he should be treated a little worse than any other player for that matter because he's on the Twins. He's not a White Sox anymore, so you shouldn't cheer him anymore outside of the respectful one before his first at bat, and he's a Twin, so you shouldn't like him. If this is a difficult concept to grasp, I'm sorry but it shouldn't be. I have a special place for the 2005 team in my heart, but life goes on and players move on and we have to move on as fans.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

I even booed Crede when he was still with the White Sox. He infuriated the hell out of me by waiting a year too late to get sugery, sticking with Boras, having a "money first" attitude, and committing so many errors last year while fanbois still thought he was great. Ugh, I pretty much hate the guy.