Spiderman the Musical!

RibbieRubarb

haha we in the biz have known about this for a while now. had the same reaction at the time, but now i'm just curious to see how it goes. in fact, i'm flying out to NYC to audition for it next week. Doubt anything comes of it, but who knows. haha

QUOTE (Kid Gleason @ Feb 26, 2009 -> 12:45 PM)
It sounds dumb at first, then I clicked the link and saw U2 did the music, and it instantly jumped to the most idiotic thing I think I may have ever heard of in the entertainment industry!

I take back anything nice I said today about U2 on another board.

i really don't think it's worse than Legally Blonde the Musical. or Shrek the Musical. we're just in a commercial era of theatre. it'll phase out one of these days.

• 3 weeks later...

not that anyone cares to make it worth bringing this thread back, but tomorrow I've got an audition for this beast. Got called in for Peter Parker... so fingers crossed. They offered it to Jim Sturgess of Across the Universe fame but he's turned it down... i'm hoping it stays that way. haha

QUOTE (Reddy @ Mar 19, 2009 -> 09:01 PM)
not that anyone cares to make it worth bringing this thread back, but tomorrow I've got an audition for this beast. Got called in for Peter Parker... so fingers crossed. They offered it to Jim Sturgess of Across the Universe fame but he's turned it down... i'm hoping it stays that way. haha

good luck man. hope you get it

QUOTE (Reddy @ Mar 19, 2009 -> 10:01 PM)

That's outstanding! Good luck, man.

man what a day...

woke up in Philly, did a show at 10am (i do a touring gig) hopped a train to New York, auditioned for Spider Man, took a cab to the airport, changed planes in Boston, got to O'Hare, and trained it back to my car and back to my place... all in all:

4 Cities

3 Trains

3 Cars

2 Planes

2 Buses

1 Day

and yes, I'm exhausted. but the audition went really well - casting director was really complimentary and we talked for a bit about my being from Chicago and how typically when we're from out of town they try and call us in close to a callback etc etc... in other words, I'm pretty optimistic. Still a massive long shot - but who knows.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 23, 2009 -> 10:54 AM)
This will either be awesome or terrible.

yeah it's definitely not going to have a middle ground. i've heard they're using new technology to do the "swinging" thing and stuff like jumping off buildings. its got a $40 million budget so... s***s gonna be technologically impressive regardless. the real question is the script/music in my mind.