Sox release Po-Yu Lin?

Kenny Hates Prospects

He's listed as being on the Chinese Taipei WBC roster and there's no organization listed next to his name. Maybe this was already covered but I missed it. Here's the link: http://web.worldbaseballclassic.com/roster...amp;season=2009

He's one of eight Lins on the team. For those of you keeping score at home, that is 8 Lins, 2 Chengs, 2 Kaos, 3 Kuos, a Wang, a Tang, a Chan, and a Pan. No Dong though, he plays for China alongside Yang Yang.

QUOTE (Kenny Hates Prospects @ Feb 25, 2009 -> 11:19 AM)
He's listed as being on the Chinese Taipei WBC roster and there's no organization listed next to his name. Maybe this was already covered but I missed it. Here's the link: http://web.worldbaseballclassic.com/roster...amp;season=2009

He's one of eight Lins on the team. For those of you keeping score at home, that is 8 Lins, 2 Chengs, 2 Kaos, 3 Kuos, a Wang, a Tang, a Chan, and a Pan. No Dong though, he plays for China alongside Yang Yang.

Lots of players still have no team listed at this time of year, until April when the season starts. I wouldn't read into it.

But, Lin has now spent 2 years in the Rookie leagues (Bristol, GF), doesn't have the velocity he was reported to have, and his numbers are good but not great. So its not outside the realm of possibility.

Still though, he's only 22 and they spent 300k on him. I'd guess he starts the year in Low A, with Kanny.

• 2 weeks later...