Headphones/Earbuds

ChWRoCk2

So I'm in the market for earbuds to go with my iPod, I don't like the big headphones becasue they're a hassle to carry around. Prefer earbuds. The ones for the iPod I don't like because the don't fit in my ears unless its the old ones and they fall out when I exercise.

I have a pair of Bose earbuds (pic below) but the stupid things sound crapped out on me for the second time, mostly due to the plug in piece I believe. After so many months, maybe about 4 they stop playing in one ear and unfortunately my warranty is up.

stabalizing-accessories.jpg

Looking for suggestions, I know sennheiser is good as well as altec lansing, prefer earbuds with the straight connector piece or at least a durable one. Tangle proof is a plus, most my accessories that involve wires I get lots of knicks in and stuff. Good sound is nice too. I'm not necessarily worrried about price but above 70 no thanks.

Edited by ChWRoCk2

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Feb 26, 2009 -> 04:24 PM)
We had a thread on this not too long ago and if someone could link it that would be great because there's a brand that's good but cheap(er) then Bose... can someone refresh my memory as well, becaue I want to get a pair sometime soon.

That would be helpful.

Looking at these: http://alteclansing.com/index.php?file=nor...d=backbeat_plus

FWIW, on the price issue, for X-Mas, I managed to pull off through a couple black friday deals 2 pairs of new ones, one Sony one Phillips, for a total of $5, to replace the original ones my Ipod came with that had died. I can't notice any decline in the sound quality, although I've never had the opportunity to try more expensive ones.

I have a pair of Sennheiser EH150s, about $30 on amazon. Theyre good, not great, everything is good about them, but nothing great, so they are a good value at that deal but you wont be blown away. They arent earbuds though.

Sennheiser is a very solid brand to buy though, and some of their more expensive products are said to be even better than Bose. Check cnet for reviews, I find them to be pretty helpful when looking for products.

A little bit more random:

If you want speakers for your computer, get the Logitech z-2300 (2.1) or the z-5500 (5.1). The bass is flat out amazing.

ive had awful luck with earbuds...i guess they just aren't built to last...have had sony ones...and one bud went out after like 3 months...same thing with another generic brand name i had....I love the Bose ones...perfect fit in my ear and the adjustable sizes are nice (I have tiny ears...the regular Ipod ear buds don't fit into my ear, at least not so that they can stay in place) they also sound great...but same thing happened...one bud went out...tried to resauder them, but it was difficult and didnt really work...i liked those so much though i got another pair and they have been good so far....

I also had some Phillips noise canceling ones that fit on ear....they sounded nice, but the noise canceling thing is basically a crock...they also crapped out on me after like 6 months

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Feb 26, 2009 -> 05:07 PM)
My shure have been great for me. They've konked out on me but their HQ is on Touhy avenue and they replace defective ones for no charge.

Glad to hear they fixed it for you. Here is the thread in question: http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?sh...=0#entry1813972

They are the best on the market. But, I'm a little biased - since my wife works there.