Chat Crew 2009

Flash Tizzle

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a new client installed - don't like it near as much as mIRC, but it will work... it functions much the same way, except it doesn't have sound. Boo. :lol:

I will have a couple of people help me test it out in the next day and then launch it.

http://www.soxtalk.com/chat

Can you guys please try this out? I'll come in (maybe not tonight but soon) to get mods set up, and you must register. PLEASE use your soxtalk name.

I know this isn't quite as nice as what was here, but let me know via PM (that's best as I don't check this thread everyday) if you have comments, concerns, or questions.

Thanks for your patience the last couple of days.

Edit: the purple background SUCKS. I will see if I can do something about that later, but I wanted to get this up for tonight if I could.

Edited by kapkomet

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Jul 30, 2009 -> 07:23 PM)
Very convenient for the narcs, I'd say. :D

I can turn that off, I think. It "saves" everything for 24 hours. I guess what's the point of that?

No, Flash, it's not to spy on you. :P

I can go in and shut that off... let me know if it screws something up.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 30, 2009 -> 10:56 PM)
Why did you guys get rid of IRC anyways?

The IRC server is still up, but Soxtalk apparently doesn't like superior chat services and isn't going to have the java IRC chat anymore. I'll still be idling in there and around during games I'm not missing due to work, so if anyone wants to chat free from java, just get a client and join up.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 30, 2009 -> 10:55 PM)
You won't be using chat then FWIW.

That's a shame, but so be it.

Edited by Felix

I'm going to pop in real quick and explain this. The IRC chatroom I set up doesn't need to be on the SoxTalk server for it to work. Never needed to be. Never will. As Felix pointed out, it is in working condition right now. I feel like I'm talking to a f***ing brick wall at this point, but the only thing that needs to go on the SoxTalk server are the files I sent Jason. They are files that set-up a small applet around the IRC room that is hosted somewhere completely different (irc.wyldryde.org is the server) that make an otherwise difficult chat room easy to use.

It's not rocket science. If somebody that can put the files on the server wants them, let me know. Otherwise, the incompetence act is really f***ing old.