How long will you be a soxtalk member?

rangercal

What's your Soxtalk life meter at?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. What's your Soxtalk life meter at?

• soxtalk 'til I die!
    • I'll probably get banned eventually
    • I can see myself here 10 years from now.
    • I can see myself here 20 years from now.
    • You losers have fun. Ill be on a Miami beach with lots of women.
    • was option #5 necessary?

Just trying a topic that has not been replicated 5 times already (apologies to once a month beer poll threads)

Obviously we will not know our literal future of the next 50 years ,so this is a hypothetical question.

Some of us have been members here for a while, a few since 2002(old timers) :D . Do you still see yourself as a member of this site when you're old and wearing diapers?

My take

I'm a sox fan and always will be a sox fan. I will always want access to the quickest source of white sox news.

Currently, my quickest source for sox related news is soxtalk, has been for more than a few years. If the quality of the forum stays the same for 50 years, why would I not come here? I have also witnessed Soxtalk faster than Rotoworld on certain major sports news. I'm sure those of you who talk politics in the Filibuster can confirm soxtalk is a good source for breaking news in general.

I have to thank posters like Kalapse,Steve,Knightni for breaking news quick. Even when its Amare/Kobe stories that turned out to be a waste of time. If there is a story that will be reported on ESPN, it is sure enought to get reported on soxtalk 15 minutes prior.

I would also like to thank Kyyle23 for this thread on a Derek Bell mugshot that was released 2 years prior to your thread. lol jk ;)

Btw, I can seriously see Carl pick option #5 :lol:

QUOTE (rangercal @ Feb 28, 2009 -> 08:10 PM)
Just trying a topic that has not been replicated 5 times already (apologies to once a month beer poll threads)

Obviously we will not know our literal future of the next 50 years ,so this is a hypothetical question.

Some of us have been members here for a while, a few since 2002(old timers) :D . Do you still see yourself as a member of this site when you're old and wearing diapers?

My take

I'm a sox fan and always will be a sox fan. I will always want access to the quickest source of white sox news.

Currently, my quickest source for sox related news is soxtalk, has been for more than a few years. If the quality of the forum stays the same for 50 years, why would I not come here? I have also witnessed Soxtalk faster than Rotoworld on certain major sports news. I'm sure those of you who talk politics in the Filibuster can confirm soxtalk is a good source for breaking news in general.

I have to thank posters like Kalapse,Steve,Knightni for breaking news quick. Even when its Amare/Kobe stories that turned out to be a waste of time. If there is a story that will be reported on ESPN, it is sure enought to get reported on soxtalk 15 minutes prior.

I would also like to thank Kyyle23 for this thread on a Derek Bell mugshot that was released 2 years prior to your thread. lol jk ;)

Btw, I can seriously see Carl pick option #5 :lol:

I aim to please. I liked my last post on that thread, it was validated. ;)

I've thought about this before. I've been on Soxtalk for 5 1/2 years, and as long as myself and Soxtalk are alive, there should be no reason to think I'll abandon the site. Even someone with a busy career and family should find some time to browse. Many on here are doing exactly that.

It'll be strange when, in the future, members start joining and we can truthfully say "I've been on Soxtalk longer than you've been alive."

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE (The Critic @ Mar 1, 2009 -> 07:49 AM)
[nWo]

LIFE!!!!

[/nWo]

s***, I'm old already and I haven't grown out of this stuff, no reason to think I'm going to now!

:D

When you're a member of soxtalk, you're a member of soxtalk...4 life.

QUOTE (knightni @ Mar 1, 2009 -> 03:06 PM)
Ah yes, old WCW lives on forever.

Vince McMahon can buy the league and dissolve it, but he can't buy our memories of it...yet.

Oh he already bought the memories. And he is slowly selling them as DVD compilations