Cincinnati

whitesoxbrian

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Mar 1, 2009 -> 06:40 PM)
Anybody going to Cincy this year June 19-21 to see the Sox? I ordered my tickets yesterday.

Maybe we can meet up for a beer or 8?

You buy ticket directly from Reds website?

I'd love to visit Cincy and Milwaukee this summer.

I'll be there, probably for 2 games like I was when we visited in 2006. Hopefully the White Sox fanbase turnout will be even close to 2006. We basically took over the place that year, I was in Cincinnati for Red Sox/Reds last year and there were more White Sox fans in the ballpark in 2006 than the Red Sox even had there last year.

I heard it's a good place to see a game (supposedly they have great hotdogs at the park) and it's not that bad of a ride from Chicago (4 hours, give or take 30 minutes for traffic). Also, I have a friend in Cincy and he says a lot of the fans from opposing teams stay at a Sheraton on Chester in the city.

BTW- whoever talked about the Sox in 2006: I remember watching that on TV. Crede hit a slam in the first game and the place erupted, then Garland hit a HR in the finale for the sweep. Good times.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Mar 1, 2009 -> 08:19 PM)
I'll be there, probably for 2 games like I was when we visited in 2006. Hopefully the White Sox fanbase turnout will be even close to 2006. We basically took over the place that year, I was in Cincinnati for Red Sox/Reds last year and there were more White Sox fans in the ballpark in 2006 than the Red Sox even had there last year.

My friends and I did the same. What a great time and a great turnout.

Note* Cinci sucks to party in so plan on heading across the border to KY - that's where all the fun is...:)

QUOTE (iamshack @ Mar 2, 2009 -> 05:56 AM)
Believe me, even that is better than what they offer in Cinci...:)

I can agree with this.. but Kentucky is a good time generally, and only a hop skip and a jump away. I actually got lost trying to find where I was going in Cincy and ended up in Kentucky, which ended up being quite the journey.