Sox/Jays talking OC sign and trade

DaTank

QUOTE (Pumpkin Escobar @ Mar 2, 2009 -> 12:31 PM)
Haven't gone through the whole thread but I saw this a couple minutes on the internet of Toronto getting involved in O.Cab.

I don't think they'll deal a top prospect, although it should be what we require noting Cabrera's type-a status. I'd assume they'd bite on a pretty good player depending on how we play this, if we kick in something, if Oakland raises their stakes.

This idea of Wells isn't a bad one. I know he is dramatically overpaid since he never quite repeated his big season(s) where he was given the money.

The Jays do have an overstock in the OF. With Lind, Snider, Rios (another overrated player IMO) and Wells, you'd hope one of them could be had. I'd say the Cabrera deal and something decent from our end.

If it is to be Wells, they'd have to eat it but I doubt we'll get him.

I'd like to get Cecil, but with the loss of Burnett/health concerns with other arms/and Halladay most likely out the door, I don't see them dealing young, cheap arms.

Our ceiling may be a guy like Luis Perez and another quality young arm. If I were Kenny though, I don't help O.Cab out unless I am getting a nice haul for him. Problem is, Kenny hasn't exactly been landing hauls for our players lately.

I can't believe I'm defending KW, but,Carlos Quentin was a pretty good haul for a A ball firstbaseman. Freddy Garcia's haul was better than keeping Freddy. Even though I'm not very high on the minor leaguers, the "haul" for Swisher wasn't bad. Now teams are leary of assuming his contract. If Flowers and Lillibridge are half as good as KW says the "haul" for Vazquez, a guy who in reality is no more than an overpaid 4th or 5th starter, is a pretty good one. The White Sox get a first rounder and a supplemental if OC signs with Toronto. You can bet KW won't settle for scraps instead of those picks especially if he will be picking up some payroll.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic