Best characters in TV shows?

DrunkBomber

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Paint it Black @ Mar 2, 2009 -> 05:18 PM)
Omar Little- The Wire

Nobody on Soxtalk watched the Wire? So many great characters in this show so my opinion changes all the time.

I watched the first two seasons of the Wire and think it's one of the best shows ever produced. Got behind in the 3rd season and didn't catch up yet, so I'm looking forward to watching it. I sort of did something I hate, but it was a great little secret for me for the first 2 years, then in became a critical hit and I was annoyed (specifically at The Sports Guy) about the attention. It's petty and I hate when people do it with bands, I have no excuse, I cost myself the entertainment.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Mar 2, 2009 -> 05:33 PM)
I watched the first two seasons of the Wire and think it's one of the best shows ever produced. Got behind in the 3rd season and didn't catch up yet, so I'm looking forward to watching it. I sort of did something I hate, but it was a great little secret for me for the first 2 years, then in became a critical hit and I was annoyed (specifically at The Sports Guy) about the attention. It's petty and I hate when people do it with bands, I have no excuse, I cost myself the entertainment.

I'm the same way, especially with music. I was catching up on the Soprano's when I heard too many good things about this show so I quit the Sopranos. Re-watching the Wire right now again. Most say season 4 is the best, and 5 was crazy, so I highly recommend picking it up again. In fact, just start from the beginning again.

I also have no idea how this show never won an Emmy.

QUOTE (Paint it Black @ Mar 2, 2009 -> 05:18 PM)
Omar Little- The Wire

Nobody on Soxtalk watched the Wire? So many great characters in this show so my opinion changes all the time.

Ive never watched an episode of the wire, I dont even really know what its about, but seeing how much praise it gets Im gonna give it a shot. Season 1 is on On demand so hopefully I wont be dissapointed.

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Mar 2, 2009 -> 06:26 PM)
Ive never watched an episode of the wire, I dont even really know what its about, but seeing how much praise it gets Im gonna give it a shot. Season 1 is on On demand so hopefully I wont be dissapointed.

You won't be. I too need to watch pick it up and finish the last 2 seasons myself.

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Mar 2, 2009 -> 06:26 PM)

My only warning on the Wire is that it takes a couple of episodes for everything to get going, so it may seem a bit boring at first, but stick with it. Also, there are a lot of characters which can get a bit confusing.

Carlton - Fresh Prince (the Tom Jones dance is awesome)

Master Shake - Aqua Teen Hunger Force

Kim Kardashians ass.

I love you guys, though I'd prefer Meatwad. :)

I'll add Quagmire - Family Guy, Fez/Hyde - That 70's Show (can't choose) and Screech - Saved By The Bell. Oh and JJ Walker - Good Times.

These characters from "Oz": Dino Ortolani, Jefferson Keane, Christopher Keller, Ryan O'Reilly, Augustus Hill, Kareem Said, Shirley Bellinger, Vern Schillenger, Simon Adebisi, Raul Hernandez, and Miguel Alvarez.

Best tv show ever.

I was also a big fan of Warden Leo Glynn, Clayton Hughes, John "Desmond Mobay" Basil, Bruno Georgen, Pancamo, Father Ray Mukada, Martin Querns, Jazz Hoyt, Timmy Kirk, Karl Metzger, Johnny Post, Che Guerra, and Kenny Wangler.

...thanks a lot, now I'm in the mood to watch some "Oz". :(

QUOTE (SouthsideDon48 @ Mar 2, 2009 -> 11:01 PM)
These characters from "Oz": Dino Ortolani, Jefferson Keane, Christopher Keller, Ryan O'Reilly, Augustus Hill, Kareem Said, Shirley Bellinger, Vern Schillenger, Simon Adebisi, Raul Hernandez, and Miguel Alvarez.

Best tv show ever.

I was also a big fan of Warden Leo Glynn, Clayton Hughes, John "Desmond Mobay" Basil, Bruno Georgen, Pancamo, Father Ray Mukada, Martin Querns, Jazz Hoyt, Timmy Kirk, Karl Metzger, Johnny Post, Che Guerra, and Kenny Wangler.

...thanks a lot, now I'm in the mood to watch some "Oz". :(

Oz was an excellent show, but for me a few of the middle seasons didn't work very well, specifically when they got into the jail guard stories. With that said it was still an excellent show

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Mar 3, 2009 -> 11:38 AM)
Oz was an excellent show, but for me a few of the middle seasons didn't work very well, specifically when they got into the jail guard stories. With that said it was still an excellent show

My favorite seasons were the 1st, 4th, and 5th seasons (except for the final episode).

I thought the 2nd season kinda dragged on and the 5th season slowed down after the fast-paced 4th season.

Among my favorite seasons, the 4th season is probably on top of my list because it seemed like an inmate was dying everyday in Oz. I liked the high death toll in the 4th season, lol.

Oh!!! I forgot about Supreme Allah, he was an awesome character, too.

Kramer

Fonzie and the original AL

Sipowitz (spelling drawing a blank) the character that took police drama from Columbo to Ths Shield

Larry Sanders, Hank and Artie

Thomas Magnum and Johnathan Quail Higgins

Red (70's show)

Henry Blake/Hawkeye/Trapper also Gonzo both the Muppet drummer and doctor from Trapper John M.D.

Quincy the original CSI idea

The original Charlie's Angels and Bosley (David Doyle) not to confused with the Mr. Cunningham (Tom Bosley)

Mel Sharpells I love chili because of him

Big bird and Shuffaloof**us (complete guess on spelling)

Benjamin Linus

Edited by Jenks Heat

Marlo - The Wire

Paully - Soprano's

Drama - Entourage

Jax - Sons of Anarchy

Dr. Spencer Reed - Criminal Minds

Winnie Cooper - The Wonder Years (huge crush when I was 11)

QUOTE (chwhtsox @ Mar 3, 2009 -> 02:00 PM)
Marlo - The Wire

Paully - Soprano's

Drama - Entourage

Jax - Sons of Anarchy

Dr. Spencer Reed - Criminal Minds

Winnie Cooper - The Wonder Years (huge crush when I was 11)

Jax is the worst character on that show. I honestly like every other character, minor or not, more than him. I love that show, though.