Jayson Nix confident he can take second

southsider2k5

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SadChiSoxFanOptimist @ Mar 6, 2009 -> 11:09 AM)
I recall reading in the Tribune that Nate Silver from BProspectus predicted that Jayson Nix would win the starting job.

Well, I guess that ends this thread.

Either that or he'll soon be named deputy Treasury Secretary.

QUOTE (SadChiSoxFanOptimist @ Mar 6, 2009 -> 01:09 PM)
I recall reading in the Tribune that Nate Silver from BProspectus predicted that Jayson Nix would win the starting job.

Well, I guess that ends this thread.

Silver says these things but his book, BP, says something very different. I guess he's covered.

Nix, according to the Tribune, has an injury that will put him on the shelf for 2-3 days at least. If it wasn't already, it looks like it definitely is not Getz's job to lose.

For the next couple of days, Chris Getz is the second baseman because Jayson Nix is nursing a strained right quadriceps and Brent Lillibridge was sent home Saturday with flulike symptoms. Getz responded with a pair of hits against the Rangers. … Ryan Braun, who was signed in the off-season after missing last year with the Royals because of elbow surgery, threw 55 pitches Saturday in the bullpen. Braun was 2-0 in 26 games for the Royals in 2007. … The Sox have added a B game against the Dodgers on Monday morning. www.chicagotribune.com/sports