Bills Sign Owens

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Mar 5, 2009 -> 11:06 AM)
I wonder if Holt will want to go to a team where he can stay indoors and play on a better surface than say Soldier Field where his speed would argubly be more of an asset

Holt's at the age where he might have to focus more on who's giving him the bigger contract as opposed to where he can get the best numbers. If someone holds him for 2-3 years, he'll be a 36 year old WR on the market.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 5, 2009 -> 02:53 PM)
Holt's at the age where he might have to focus more on who's giving him the bigger contract as opposed to where he can get the best numbers. If someone holds him for 2-3 years, he'll be a 36 year old WR on the market.

Ah yes, as Housh said, $$$$ talks.

I think he'd be a good fit for the Vikings actually (if they could fit him into the cap).

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Mar 5, 2009 -> 10:37 AM)
I agree with everything you said but the bolded part, mostly because even on his 35 year old legs he is better than 90 percent of the WRs in the NFL

Not if Kyle Orton is his quarterback. T.O. has always had a quarterback who is at least pretty good, if not really good, throwing him the ball (which isn't a diss on him, the same could be said for most great WR's), but Owens' weaknesses and the decaying of his talent due to age would really be exposed if he had a poor QB, such as Orton, throwing him the ball.

TO has never played in a playoff game and his team won. He's no longer even a top 15 WR in the NFL (obviously he's better then what we have, but who isn't? Some people wanted us to break the bank on Laverneus Coles for f***'s sake). He led the NFL in drops last year I believe, or he was in the top 3. He's a cancer and he'll kill the Bears.

Well, there ya go. Pick him up now that he's won 1.

But seriously, 1 playoff game. I know I was wrong, but 1 doesn't do me any good.

Plus, all this thread is doing is wasting everyone's time. There's no way Angelo goes out and gets him anyways.

Edited by whitesoxbrian

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Mar 5, 2009 -> 10:02 PM)
Well, there ya go. Pick him up now that he's won 1.

But seriously, 1 playoff game. I know I was wrong, but 1 doesn't do me any good.

Plus, all this thread is doing is wasting everyone's time. There's no way Angelo goes out and gets him anyways.

Seriously, information on the internet is but a click away. Educate yourself when you make these arguments so your bad points arent exposed over and over again.

Taking away the Superbowl, Terrell Owens has been in 10 playoff games

In all of his playoff games he has caught 43 passes for 629 yards and 5 TDs, and he has won 4 playoff games, not 1. He has caught one of the biggest passes in SF history vs the Packers from Steve Young when he was sandwiched between 3 defenders and had his bell completely rung and still held on for the TD.

Terrell Owens is far from the Playoff newbie you are making him out to be. His problem lately is that he hasnt advanced or made the playoffs in the last 3 years, so people are noticing it and calling him out now(like you).

This thread isnt a waste of everyones time, it was about TO being released

Edited by kyyle23

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Mar 5, 2009 -> 09:16 PM)
TO has never played in a playoff game and his team won. He's no longer even a top 15 WR in the NFL (obviously he's better then what we have, but who isn't? Some people wanted us to break the bank on Laverneus Coles for f***'s sake). He led the NFL in drops last year I believe, or he was in the top 3. He's a cancer and he'll kill the Bears.

Oh dear.

Talent wise he is.

Name me 15 Wide Receivers who are currently more talented than Terrell Owens.

I rarely agree with whitesoxbrian but in this case I'm agreeing that T.O. would do more harm than good for the Bears and turn Chicago into a circus sideshow. I'm not interested.

Although I still think T.O. can play... but it's really just not worth it.

Edited by lostfan

There's no way in hell I sign T.O. if I'm the Bears. Unless he's working with Tom Brady or Peyton Manning, he won't be happy. We can barely even call Kyle Orton an average QB let alone one that T.O. would be happy with.

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Mar 6, 2009 -> 01:32 PM)
Good luck naming 10 receivers.

Andre Johnson

Larry Fitzgerald

Brandon Marshall

Greg Jennings

Anquan Boldin

Reggie Wayne

Steve Smith

Randy Moss

Roddy White

Hines Ward

Marques Colston

Chad Jonson (I'll chalk up last year as an aberration)

Donald Driver

Torry Holt

Calvin Johnson

QUOTE (SoxFanForever @ Mar 6, 2009 -> 04:57 PM)
Andre Johnson - Yes

Larry Fitzgerald - Yes

Brandon Marshall - Yes

Greg Jennings - Debatable

Anquan Boldin - Debatable

Reggie Wayne - Debatable

Steve Smith - I would actually say yes

Randy Moss - Yes

Roddy White - Debatable

Hines Ward - Debtable

Marques Colston - Debtable

Chad Jonson (I'll chalk up last year as an aberration) - Definitely not

Donald Driver - No

Torry Holt - No

Calvin Johnson - I would also say yes.

You would rather have TO over Chad Johnson?

If you could pick between Boldin and TO right now, if they were both 35 but producing what they are now, you'd really have to think about that?

BTW- I'm sorry everyone. Somebody posted that TO has never won a playoff game on talkbears so I took their word for it. I think it was Drunkbomber?

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Mar 6, 2009 -> 07:29 AM)
Seriously, information on the internet is but a click away. Educate yourself when you make these arguments so your bad points arent exposed over and over again.

Taking away the Superbowl, Terrell Owens has been in 10 playoff games

In all of his playoff games he has caught 43 passes for 629 yards and 5 TDs, and he has won 4 playoff games, not 1. He has caught one of the biggest passes in SF history vs the Packers from Steve Young when he was sandwiched between 3 defenders and had his bell completely rung and still held on for the TD.

Terrell Owens is far from the Playoff newbie you are making him out to be. His problem lately is that he hasnt advanced or made the playoffs in the last 3 years, so people are noticing it and calling him out now(like you).

This thread isnt a waste of everyones time, it was about TO being released

"OWENS OWENS OWENS"

Some of the very best players in any given sport never win a playoff game, a series, or a trophy. I cannot understand how that takes away from what that individual has done. Just because a player has not been apart of something in the past does not mean it cannot happen in the future. One player is exactly that, one player.

QUOTE (SoxFanForever @ Mar 6, 2009 -> 03:57 PM)
Andre Johnson(yes)

Larry Fitzgerald(yes)

Brandon Marshall(yes)

Greg Jennings(NO)

Anquan Boldin(NO)

Reggie Wayne(NO)

Steve Smith(yes)

Randy Moss(not anymore)

Roddy White(Maybe)

Hines Ward(NO)

Marques Colston(NO)

Chad Jonson (I'll chalk up last year as an aberration)(NO)

Donald Driver(NO)

Torry Holt(NO)

Calvin Johnson(NO)

So you made a list of 4 WR's and if he repeats this season Id include Roddy White.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Mar 6, 2009 -> 05:36 PM)
You would rather have TO over Chad Johnson?

If you could pick between Boldin and TO right now, if they were both 35 but producing what they are now, you'd really have to think about that?

BTW- I'm sorry everyone. Somebody posted that TO has never won a playoff game on talkbears so I took their word for it. I think it was Drunkbomber?

I'd take TO. You have to take into account the offense both of them were in. Garrett's offense sucks in comparison to Todd Haley's. I'd take TO by far. He's still a freak of an athlete and the reason why his numbers were not as good has nothing to do with ability, even with TO being 35.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Mar 7, 2009 -> 01:56 PM)
So we're going to revisit this again, huh? You'd take the superior athlete over the better player? Give him the player over the athlete.

TO is the better player. Just because he didn't play an a fun offense like Boldin doesn't mean he isn't better. It's like putting Randy Moss on a teamwhere John Shoop was the offensive coordinator and Mushin Muhammed on a team with Mike Martz as the offensive coordinator. Mushin might outperform Randy, but god knows Randy is a much better player.