WBC # 2

Cubano

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the WBC. Yes, there is the injury risk, but guys would pitch just as much in spring training anyways. It's just too bad that guys like Ryan Dempster don't play. Canada would have a legit shot at winning it all if they had Dempster, Harden, and Bedard (although I understand why Harden and Bedard aren't playing).

QUOTE (Cubano @ Mar 7, 2009 -> 03:02 PM)
Congratulations to the Dutch!

You deserve every moment of joyce. Your program has improved over the years. I remember being a kid back home watching Cuba trash the Netherlands. In the last few years, the Netherlands have played hard and beaten Cuba, Japan and USA teams. They have players that play in the minors, Mexico and their own league.

Let's go USA! I like to see USA vs Cuba in the finals. If I am watching alone, I will be rooting for the Cubans. If my kid is around, I will rooting for the USA then. The security around the Cuban team in Mexico is unreal. The Cuban security personnel do not allow them to do anything. What a shame!

Yea there is some decent talent in Curaco and Aruba. Rick Vanden Hurk is a decent pitcher and I assume he'll start the second game. The dutch could have Jair Jurrjens but he opted not to play.

One of the things I dislike about the WBC is the eligibility criteria. All these players who have not been nor speak the language nor have play in an given country are representing these countries. It is MLB times 10. This should be about players who play in the Italian, Dutch, etc leagues unless they were born in those countries.

Young cuban players to follow: under 25 years old

2b Olivera

3b Gourriel

RF Despaigne

CF Cespedes

The catcher Pestano will retire this year. Miguel Tejada said he looked like a SS behind the plate in the WBC # 1.

Edited by Cubano

QUOTE (3E8 @ Mar 8, 2009 -> 02:07 PM)
He's got a super-quick bat

The sad thing about him is that if he defects, he will get a minor league contract and send down to the minors. He is so so in LF, but he will hit MLB pitching for sure.

I want to see my boy from my hometwon Camaguey. Leslie Anderson. The only one from my Cuban team. Lots of Cubans in the stands. Two friend of mine are there. Next WBC, I think I will be there.

Edited by Cubano

Cuba established a new WBC record with six home runs breaking the Dominican record which hit four home runs during the WBC # 1. The game has not ended.

Mexico and Australia tonight. Mexico usually plays tough against the better teams but they play so so against the not so powerful teams. The same thing happens in Soccer (Football).

Mexico will tough with their fans.

Now to close the 9th Vladimir "la Bala/Bullet" Garcia from Ciego de Avila. He is 22-23 years old. 95 + MPH. The CF for the 9th Leonis Martin is what the White Sox need for CF and lead off. Lefty, good defensively and fast.