WBC # 2

Cubano

QUOTE (zenryan @ Mar 8, 2009 -> 03:42 PM)
Two things I've noticed today.

1.Mexico has some very green grass. Almost looks fake.

2.Carlos Lee looks more thick/fat this season.

Synthetic field

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Accordin to the cuban announcers, Aroldis Chapman will be the starter for the second game. He is the best pitching prospect. He may be out of Cuba soon. They said that he has thrown 101 MPH.

Edited by Cubano

I can't imagine if Zambrano and Santana would be with this Venezuela team.

QUOTE (Cubano @ Mar 8, 2009 -> 04:38 PM)
Accordin to the cuban announcers, Aroldis Chapman will be the starter for the second game. He is the best pitching prospect. He may be out of Cuba soon. They said that he has thrown 101 MPH.

Come to Chicago, Aroldis. :notworthy

Edited by whitesoxbrian

IMO some bad managerial decisions so far. I don't like rotating Jeter and Rollins in the middle of the game. Rollins should play the most since he's the better player, although according to Sutcliffe he's the best player in the history of baseball. I also don't understand why Venezuela wasted Felix Hernandez against Itlay.

DBAHO has to be feeling good after Australia kicked some ass (even had the mercy rule an inning early) against Mexico on their field. I am personaly SHOCKED by that, seeing as a group of what was basically White Sox minor leaguers ran circles around the Aussies a few days ago and Mexico has a lot of veteran MLB players, but I guess it was just one game in both cases. And Venezuela had a shocking lack of depth in pitching, good to see the USA take advantage.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Mar 9, 2009 -> 12:24 AM)
DBAHO has to be feeling good after Australia kicked some ass (even had the mercy rule an inning early) against Mexico on their field. I am personaly SHOCKED by that, seeing as a group of what was basically White Sox minor leaguers ran circles around the Aussies a few days ago and Mexico has a lot of veteran MLB players, but I guess it was just one game in both cases. And Venezuela had a shocking lack of depth in pitching, good to see the USA take advantage.

while i certainly enjoy watching it, the WBC means jack...if you drop 2 of 3, you are out...which is ridiculous...the pirates could beat the red sox 2/3, but it doesn't at all tell the strength of the teams...its just way too small of a sample size to mean anything (hell the 5 game LDS series are too small to actually really separate the better team from the worse team, and even arguably the 7 game LCS and WS)...that said theres nothing MLB can really do about it, as extending the WBC is not a viable option, but its gonna happen frequently that the better team (USA in 06, DR this year) loses when they shouldn't

QUOTE (daa84 @ Mar 9, 2009 -> 09:38 AM)
while i certainly enjoy watching it, the WBC means jack...if you drop 2 of 3, you are out...which is ridiculous...the pirates could beat the red sox 2/3, but it doesn't at all tell the strength of the teams...its just way too small of a sample size to mean anything (hell the 5 game LDS series are too small to actually really separate the better team from the worse team, and even arguably the 7 game LCS and WS)...that said theres nothing MLB can really do about it, as extending the WBC is not a viable option, but its gonna happen frequently that the better team (USA in 06, DR this year) loses when they shouldn't

yea, its really really pointless. half these guys arent even that ready, esp the pitchers. the starters are only going like 4 innings tops. if it were done in july and pitchers could go 6+ innings and the series were longer ok then. but the way it is now, its just so that mlb can make money. also, you dont even have all the best players in it

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Mar 9, 2009 -> 02:45 PM)
not gonna ruin it for ya if it is, but are they playing again, or is this the game from this morning?

Ha. I thought it was live, but doubt it on second thought.

QUOTE (WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Mar 9, 2009 -> 08:07 PM)
Bases loaded 2 out in the bottom of the 7th with Beltran at the plate. This would be another great upset.

What a game the Netherland lost!

There were a lot of bad plays form the P.R. team. Bad bunts, bad running, not advancing the runners, etc.