Seinfeld cast returns to TV

Steve9347

http://hollywoodinsider.ew.com/2009/03/sei...-t.html?cnn=yes

Exclusive: 'Seinfeld' cast to appear on 'Curb Your Enthusiasm'

Mar 5, 2009, 04:06 PM | by Lynette Rice

The Seinfeld cast is making another must-see appearance. EW has learned exclusively that the four stars of NBC's long-running comedy -- Jerry Seinfeld, Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Jason Alexander, and Michael Richards -- will be featured in a multiple-episode story arc on HBO's Curb Your Enthusiasm this fall. The cameos will mark the first time that all four actors have appeared together in a scripted TV show since Seinfeld went off the air nearly 11 years ago. No date has been set for this event, or for Curb's seventh season, which will run for 10 weeks. Curb, of course, was created by and stars Larry David, the cocreator of Seinfeld.

The episodes, which are currently shooting in Los Angeles, appear to represent a continuation of David's relationship with the Seinfeld stars. As Curb fans know, Seinfeld, Louis-Dreyfus, and Alexander have made individual appearances on the award-winning series over the years.

Obviously I and the rest of the world will tune in...

QUOTE (shipps @ Mar 6, 2009 -> 10:42 AM)
Hopefully Richards can refrain from yelling racial slurs.

Knowing the show, they will use it as material. I will watch. Always do.

Jasion, Julia, and I think Seinfeld have already been on though.

Even though the last season of Curb SUCKED. I will tune in to see this for sure.

I've been watching a lot of Seinfeld in syndication lately and not only does it hold up, it almost gets better with time...

Edited by Cali

QUOTE (Cali @ Mar 6, 2009 -> 04:18 PM)
Even though the last season of Curb SUCKED. I will tune in to see this for sure.

I've been watching a lot of Seinfeld in syndication lately and not only does it hold up, it almost gets better with time...

I didn't think last season sucked, but I disliked some aspects of the story arc -- Larry and Cheryl separating, etc.

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 6, 2009 -> 02:33 PM)
Understatement.

I can only remember one thing from the last season and that was the freak book. And that was only mildly entertaining...

Season Five wasn't that much better in terms of quality either. I dont think Larry can ever top the awesome that was season 1-4...

QUOTE (Cali @ Mar 6, 2009 -> 06:07 PM)
I can only remember one thing from the last season and that was the freak book. And that was only mildly entertaining...

Season Five wasn't that much better in terms of quality either. I dont think Larry can ever top the awesome that was season 1-4...

I agree 100%. The 4th season with the Producers story arc was a great season. Then the next season with Richard Lewis needing a kidney...I'd say only two episodes were good. Season 6 was a waste.

i can't believe you guys didnt like season 6..there were some bad epsidoes, i'll grant you that...but the anonymous donor and the therapist i thought were two of the best in the series...the last one of the season i didnt like at first, but after watching it again i really thought it was funny too...i laughed so hard at so many of the leon scenes....the line in "the ida funkhouser memorial" where larry says marty funkhouser isn't his best friend...oh man i laughed for like 10 minutes

QUOTE (daa84 @ Mar 6, 2009 -> 07:57 PM)
i can't believe you guys didnt like season 6..there were some bad epsidoes, i'll grant you that...but the anonymous donor and the therapist i thought were two of the best in the series...the last one of the season i didnt like at first, but after watching it again i really thought it was funny too...i laughed so hard at so many of the leon scenes....the line in "the ida funkhouser memorial" where larry says marty funkhouser isn't his best friend...oh man i laughed for like 10 minutes
Season 6 was torture.

I loved season 6. I think Cheryl is a b**** so I like Larry being on his own. The lefty phone call and show when Larry and Leon mixed up their phones were my favorites.

On a side note, I can believe its been 11 years since Seinfeld ended.