ST: 3/06 White Sox vs. Australia

flavum

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Mar 6, 2009 -> 03:18 PM)
Is this the same quality of picture that you would get in the regular season on mlb.tv?

No, this is crap. MLB.tv is pretty clear, the premium service is going to offer an HD quality picture this season.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 6, 2009 -> 10:17 PM)
Would you rather us have lost a couple more games and be holding Tim Beckham?

Either way, it's a good situation to be in. It's a lot better to have a top 10 pick than the 14th-16th pick and still not be very competitive. I'll take Slayer though, but I can't believe I'm rooting for a Georgia Bulldog.

Something no one talks about with Fields last year is the human aspect of it. He had an extremely promising 2007 campaign, and then he gets sent back to the minors. We know he's a very spiritual, emotional guy, and that couldn't have been easy on him. Then he hurts his knee/leg, and he's having to play on one leg. When they interviewed him during an Okl St football game this season, he said people had no idea how injured he was.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Mar 6, 2009 -> 03:19 PM)
The only reason we have Gordon is the shear stupidity of the Cincy Reds.

Absolutely. I don't care what Yonder Alonso does, the Reds blew it there. I was very pleased when that pick came up and Beckham was available at 8.

QUOTE (fathom @ Mar 6, 2009 -> 03:19 PM)
Either way, it's a good situation to be in. It's a lot better to have a top 10 pick than the 14th-16th pick and still not be very competitive. I'll take Slayer though, but I can't believe I'm rooting for a Georgia Bulldog.

The best thing about a top 10 pick is: you normally end up with an excellent trade chip a year after the draft. Regardless of whether or not your pick turns out to be a bust 4 years after the draft, with a good first year in the minors that player gains incredible trade value come July.

QUOTE (fathom @ Mar 6, 2009 -> 03:21 PM)
Something no one talks about with Fields last year is the human aspect of it. He had an extremely promising 2007 campaign, and then he gets sent back to the minors. We know he's a very spiritual, emotional guy, and that couldn't have been easy on him. Then he hurts his knee/leg, and he's having to play on one leg. When they interviewed him during an Okl St football game this season, he said people had no idea how injured he was.

That was talked about on here, he was pretty much called a pussy.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Mar 6, 2009 -> 10:22 PM)
The best thing about a top 10 pick is: you normally end up with an excellent trade chip a year after the draft. Regardless of whether or not your pick turns out to be a bust 4 years after the draft, with a good first year in the minors that player gains incredible trade value come July.

Look at Vitters...he sucked out of the gate in professional baseball, and then strung together a few good months. This offseason, the Cubs had one of the best trade chips around with him.

Omogrosso has really good stuff or thats what I've always been told. His delivery looks fluid, the key is for him to stay healthy. K'd his first two batters. Looks to have some nice juice to the FB. Who are the announcers?

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 6, 2009 -> 03:15 PM)
I'm judging it based on what I see in his approach. He is a better hitter than players we've had on our roster.

Andy Gonzalez will meet you outside your work to fight this afternoon.

Anyone hear the lovefest on the SCORE this morning. It was pretty cubesque...not that I am complaining.

LOL... Melton. Needs a few lessons on anatomy.

"Brian Omogrosso... from the waist down his legs are huge."

Edit: Just saw others heard it too.

Edited by scenario

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Mar 6, 2009 -> 03:23 PM)
That was talked about on here, he was pretty much called a pussy.

Kid was the only bright spot during that season, and he got sent back to AAA, didn't deserve it.

His stint with the Sox last year was awful, I wasn't aware of his injury till the end of the season.

QUOTE (fathom @ Mar 6, 2009 -> 03:24 PM)
Look at Vitters...he sucked out of the gate in professional baseball, and then strung together a few good months. This offseason, the Cubs had one of the best trade chips around with him.

It would make little sense but can you imagine what the Orioles could get for Matt Wieters right now? They could turn the #5 overall pick in the 2007 draft in to just about anything they wish.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Mar 6, 2009 -> 03:27 PM)
Awesome, Omogrosso working quickly and just dominated. Three k's. Still needs to develop his off-speed stuff a bit but you can't coach arms like that.

His delivery was very smooth. I'd like to see how he does if he stays healthy for a year. He could move up quickly.