Big 10 Tournament

BIG TEN

At Conseco Fieldhouse

Indianapolis

FIRST ROUND

Thursday, March 12

Game 1: No. 8 Minnesota vs. No. 9 Northwestern, noon

Game 2: No. 7 Michigan vs. No. 10 Iowa, ESPN2, 2:30 p.m.

Game 3: No. 6 Penn State vs. No. 11 Indiana, ESPN2, 5 p.m.

QUARTERFINALS

Friday, March 13

Game 4: No. 1 Michigan State vs. Game 1 winner, ESPN, noon

Game 5: No. 4 Wisconsin vs. No. 5 Ohio State, ESPN, 2:30 p.m.

Game 6: No. 2 Illinois vs. Game 2 winner, 6:30 p.m.

Game 7: No. 3 Purdue vs. Game 3 winner, 9 p.m.

SEMIFINALS

Saturday, March 14

Game 8: Game 4 winner vs. Game 5 winner, 1:40 p.m.

Game 9: Game 6 winner vs. Game 7 winner, 4:05 p.m.

CHAMPIONSHIP

Sunday, March 15

Game 10: Game 8 winner vs. Game 9 winner, 3:30 p.m.

This tournament might be the most dramatic. It is going to be full of taffy pulls, low scoring abominations, and poor officiating, but so many teams are fighting for tournament spots (9 legitimately have a shot at making the NCAA Tournament) that the games are incredibly important and should be very close.

QUOTE (daa84 @ Mar 9, 2009 -> 05:52 PM)
i got tickets for the whole event...illinois got the much easier half of the bracket than MSU IMO

How so? Purdue is clearly better than Ohio St. or Wisconsin and there isn't really any major difference between facing Michigan or Minnesota/NW in their first game.

Go Gophers!

1 win gives us a pretty good shot at the tournament, but no need to take any chances. Win two and guarantee a chance to lose in the first weekend of the NCAAs. This inconsistent offense has to stop and the turnovers need to be limited.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Mar 9, 2009 -> 05:55 PM)
How so? Purdue is clearly better than Ohio St. or Wisconsin and there isn't really any major difference between facing Michigan or Minnesota/NW in their first game.

i dunno....you are probably right, but id rather face michigan than minnesota...the other teams purdue is clearly the best of, but illinois seemed to play them well

Michigan doing whatever they want against Iowa. They're up 21 at halftime. I really expected Iowa to put up a better fight than this.

Anyways, the Big Ten bubble teams doing well so far. Illinois is gonna have a tough game against Michigan, especially if Frazier isn't available to guard Harris.

QUOTE (The Bones @ Mar 12, 2009 -> 01:29 PM)
Michigan doing whatever they want against Iowa. They're up 21 at halftime. I really expected Iowa to put up a better fight than this.

Anyways, the Big Ten bubble teams doing well so far. Illinois is gonna have a tough game against Michigan, especially if Frazier isn't available to guard Harris.

Michigan is a tough team to figure out. When they're good, they're REALLY good. Not looking forward to playing them tomorrow at all.

Crappy way for Moore to go out, probably his worst shooting game of the year and the Cats were still in it down the stretch. It's sickening the amount of close games NU lost this season, absolutely sickening. At least they got the NIT still.

QUOTE (fathom @ Mar 13, 2009 -> 11:54 AM)
Frazier's out for the year, but it's not being reported yet. Rightfully so, Illinois doesn't want to give the committee any reason to lower their seed.

They know already (I heard that three days ago, and had it confirmed two days ago, so I'm sure they have heard about it too) and the seeding will reflect that. He apparently had surgery for a broken hand.

Edited by whitesoxfan101