ST: 3/9 vs. Indians 3:05, Webcast/WSCR

flavum

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Mar 9, 2009 -> 05:06 PM)
Bob Grim, Director of Broadcasting and Ranger Rongey's supervisor.

Melton is truly about as bad as Bill Walton or Magic Johnson. It's hard not to listen...it's like The Love Guru, only the baseball version.

ViceeADO or EYDO? Get it straight.

Thank god he's not paired with Santo.

Viciedo chased that one of the zone. That's the ball all righthanders think they can get to. The first strikeout, perfect pitch location for Reyes. This one by Chulk was just impatience on the part of Dayan.

for the score? I am seriously calling or writing an email, this is terrible.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Grim works for the White Sox, senior director of broadcasting....

Highlights of this game, Getz and Poreda, that's basically it. Bad game.

No Bill, with two strikes, you DON'T want to put the ball in play....Flowers, Viciedo, Beckham, Ramirez....all showing the rest of the pull-hookers (that's you Jerry Owens) how to go to the opposite field in ST. Lillibridge does it, but it's because his approach has been so horrible this spring.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Mar 9, 2009 -> 04:20 PM)
Apparently Erstad never left.

At least Erstad was respected throughout baseball, and everyone admired how he gutted it out playing through numerous injuries. I don't think Owens will ever have a season of 200+ hits. What did Erstad have that one season? Something crazy...the season he was actually healthy for a full year.

PROWESS TO BE WILD BILL?

Prowess tends to be a POSITIVE word, with a good connotation, you don't have a prowess to be wild. Maybe proclivity/tendency.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ Mar 9, 2009 -> 08:21 PM)
Danks doesn't look good today at all facing right-handed guys, his location is all over the place

I am very worried about Danks. Maybe they have caught up with him? Discuss

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Mar 9, 2009 -> 05:25 PM)
At least Erstad was respected throughout baseball, and everyone admired how he gutted it out playing through numerous injuries. I don't think Owens will ever have a season of 200+ hits. What did Erstad have that one season? Something crazy...the season he was actually healthy for a full year.

PROWESS TO BE WILD BILL?

Prowess tends to be a POSITIVE word, with a good connotation, you don't have a prowess to be wild. Maybe proclivity/tendency.

OUR version of Darin Erstad was king of the 4-3 groundout.

QUOTE (almagest @ Mar 9, 2009 -> 05:19 PM)
Jerry Owens = versatile at making outs. Groundouts to second, first, AND a K looking?

He will be release soon. My crystal ball told me that. This is my prediction and nothing is official.

I got on to that MLB and listening to the announcers go on about McDougal was interesting. They can't believe how patient the Sox have been with this guy and think i's wering thin now after 3 years on his up and downs-mostly downs I might add.

QUOTE (almagest @ Mar 9, 2009 -> 05:13 PM)
Poreda looks pretty decent.

I think he has something on his delivery that may cause distraction to the hitters. A lot of movement on his delivery.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Mar 9, 2009 -> 05:25 PM)

PROWESS TO BE WILD BILL?