BK Burger shots vs. White Castle sliders

shipps

Which is better?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Which is a better burger

• Bk Burger shot
    • White Castle slider

QUOTE (lostfan @ Mar 10, 2009 -> 04:53 PM)
So in honor of this thread I just bought a pack of Burger Shots and they tasted average as hell. Whatever marketing genius came up with this idea at Burger King must've barely passed that class in college.

Soooooooooo you voted BK shots???

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Mar 10, 2009 -> 05:57 PM)
Burger King is notorious for copying (or attempting to copy) anything others in that industry do that's successful.

They tried to copy McDonalds fries in the early 2000's.

In the mid 2000's they tried to copy the mega burger type of things from Hardee's, when Hardee's started seeing success by marketing unhealthy in an era of healthy.

Now they're copying White Castle.

lol they even kind of half-assed it. It's just a regular Burger King burger but smaller. Brilliant!

Is that really the best they could do?

QUOTE (shipps @ Mar 10, 2009 -> 05:13 PM)
Soooooooooo you voted BK shots???

face it, your ploy to sway the minds of soxtalk with your sleazy unoriginal marketing has failed. BK burger shots, my friend, are 2009 Crystal Clear Pepsi.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Mar 10, 2009 -> 04:57 PM)
Burger King is notorious for copying (or attempting to copy) anything others in that industry do that's successful.

They tried to copy McDonalds fries in the early 2000's.

In the mid 2000's they tried to copy the mega burger type of things from Hardee's, when Hardee's started seeing success by marketing unhealthy in an era of healthy.

Now they're copying White Castle.

Edited by kyyle23

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Mar 10, 2009 -> 05:25 PM)
face it, your ploy to sway the minds of soxtalk with your sleazy unoriginal marketing has failed. BK burger shots, my friend, are 2009 Crystal Clear Pepsi.

Crystal Pepsi was a disaster.

Are those tacos something BK is trying to market/sell now or something? I haven't noticed because I hate BK.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Mar 10, 2009 -> 02:08 PM)
BTW, after reading this, the BK Burger Shots doesn't sound or look too appealing IMO;

http://aht.seriouseats.com/archives/2008/1...er-burgers.html

20081201-bkshots-hoodup-pickle.jpg

You must have the wrong link - that doesn't look like the Burger Shots I see on their commercial AT ALL.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but HAWT CHIX don't come around climbing all over you and saying thinly veiled sexual double-entendres if you have a bag of Sliders, DO THEY????

QUOTE (The Critic @ Mar 10, 2009 -> 07:00 PM)
You must have the wrong link - that doesn't look like the Burger Shots I see on their commercial AT ALL.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but HAWT CHIX don't come around climbing all over you and saying thinly veiled sexual double-entendres if you have a bag of Sliders, DO THEY????

I went out and got herpes so I could go horseback riding, mountain climbing, and water skiing. Instead I just got a bunch of bumps on my dick, this is bulls***. I'm considering legal action.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 10, 2009 -> 06:53 PM)
A delicious disaster.

All this time I thought I was the only one who like Crystal Pepsi.

I also liked Coke II. I don't know if that makes my opinion more or less credible.

QUOTE (G&T @ Mar 10, 2009 -> 07:09 PM)

I also liked Coke II. I don't know if that makes my opinion more or less credible.

Coke II was basically pepsi IIRC.

QUOTE (G&T @ Mar 10, 2009 -> 05:09 PM)

You and Balta are the guys they happened to choose when they were test-marketing this stuff (unfortunately for them)...:)

QUOTE (iamshack @ Mar 10, 2009 -> 06:18 PM)
It did have a sweeter taste, like Pepsi...

One time I mixed Pepsi and Coke and it tasted exactly like RC Cola I thought.

As for the question, I'll go with White Castle. Although I would pick Burger King over McDonald's. I might be the only person here that hates McDonald's, but for the most part I hate fast food in general. Arby's is my favorite fast food restuarant by far.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Mar 10, 2009 -> 02:52 PM)
Only they aren't better than McDonalds according to sales, which is kind of reflected in the numbers.

MCD:

Total Revenue for 2008: 23.5 BILLION

Cost of Revenue for 2008: 14.8 BILLION

Gross Profit for 2008: 8.639 BILLION

BKC:

Total Revenue for 2008: 2.54 BILLION

Cost of Revenue for 2008: 1.063 BILLION

Gross Profit for 2008: 1.48 BILLION

Burger King f***ing sucks. McDonalds > BK.

Do you work for McDonalds or something? I choose my favorite place to eat due to taste, not by who comes up with creative ideas and/or who has the most revenue.

Oh, I also saw some mention about Coke II in this thread. Coke II, FTW.

Here's how I like some of the burger chains:

1. Wendy's

2. Burger King

3. White Castle

4. McDonald's

McDonald's taste as plain as plain can get, the only thing I like at McDonalds are their mcChicken sandwich and their Double Quarter Pounder. However, McDonald's loses points for their lousy sode fountain options, all they got is coke and sprite, which are garbge. Where's my pepsi or Dr. Pepper???

When it comes t "sliders", White Castle can never be duplicated. I love their jalapeno bugers and their double cheeseburgers. Plus their chicken rings with honey mustard is delicious.

As for Burger Kings, they get extra points for serving Dr. Pepper, and I love their Original Chicken sandwich. I probably won't ever try their imitation of sliders, though, and why would I when I can get their Original Chicken Sandwich? :D

And with Wendy's, they also get extra points for serving Dr. Pepper and all of their burgers are better than anyone else's.

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Mar 10, 2009 -> 05:59 PM)
Do you work for McDonalds or something? I choose my favorite place to eat due to taste, not by who comes up with creative ideas and/or who has the most revenue.

I completely agree with you. All those statistics does is say that McDonald's sells more garbage than Burger King. There's also more McDonald's franchises around, so their financial figures are more likely to be more inflated compared to Burger King's.

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Mar 10, 2009 -> 06:59 PM)

No, I was simply pointing out that judging by profits alone, it's not just me that seems to love McDonalds, or they'd probably suck at making money. Starbucks thought, "Well if we just expand to a trillion stores, everyone will drink StarBucks...", but they ended up being wrong...a lesson Burger King doesn't want to risk learning via over expansion to make a run on McDonalds, which they know would fail.

Anyway, when it comes to "taste", the last place I would eat is at a fast food restaurant. I go to fast food places because it's fast and easy, not because I'm a connoisseur of crappy food. :D I just like the consistency of McDonalds (regardless of state/country), and then Wendy's and Hardee's are both tied for 2nd!

Edited by Y2HH

Oh, and Burger King still sucks.

I have to say that out of all the fast food restaurants, and that goes for all of them, Burger King seems to have a monopoly on hiring the absolute STUPIDEST people in existence. White Castle is a close second, to be fair. :D

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Mar 10, 2009 -> 01:58 PM)
Burger King f***ing sucks. They are the ONLY unoriginal burger chain in existence. Everyone else has their own image and basic ideas on the burger, Burger King's image continues to be, "We wish we were McDonalds!", and that's why they continue to be a super fail.

I'm impartial between the two restaurants, but doesn't the fact that BK is the only burger joint that actually grills their burgers instead of using the flat top give them a pretty unique and strong identity

And as I've said before, Whataburger is the best of fast food burger chains (if you don't count Portillo's.) Too bad most of you can't try it

QUOTE (iamshack @ Mar 10, 2009 -> 07:17 PM)
You and Balta are the guys they happened to choose when they were test-marketing this stuff (unfortunately for them)...:)

Dude, you have no idea. When I was younger I wanted anything that I saw on TV. I would have bought a Bag-o-Glass.

each fast food place has good things and bad things....

McD - chicken biscuits, any breakfast sandwich really, mcchicken, fries....not a huge fan of their burgers but not bad....

BK - love the onion rings and fries, breakfast - french toast sticks = awesome, i hate their chicken, burgers are ok

Wendys - we had two within a mile of campus in college so i ate it alot, and wendys went from underrated to overrated IMO. fries are the worst of the big chains, burgers aren't very good. Spicy Chicken is still heavenly, nuggets are good and frostys will always be good

White Castle - Love sliders. can only eat em about once a year though. bad fries though, but good onion rings

http://www.sporcle.com/games/fastfood.php

how many can you get? some i haven't even heard of