Mr Angelo, please trade for Jay Cutler!

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Mar 12, 2009 -> 02:22 PM)
We absolutely agree on that point.

Matt Forte(while a 2nd rounder last year) would probably be worth close to a first round (late firstround) pick this year. You'd have to imagine that a team would rather have a somewhat known commodity like Forte rather than pick someone in the late first round, pay them first round money, and have no idea of how they will perform.

I was tooting the Forte horn from the time we drafted him last year, I was finally right! (Rexy still stings SO MUCH!)

I disagree on where you have him ranked above. Beanie Wells is going to go middle to late first round in this draft and although he may be a better pure runner than Forte, he isnt the complete package that Forte is, not many backs in this draft really are.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Mar 12, 2009 -> 10:33 PM)
Added 2.

agreed. I'm sure there are quite a few more to add too, but I still value qb over rb. I would only trade Forte as a last resort. No one on the Bears is more untouchable than Forte at this point.

Edited by rangercal

Matt Forte might be the 3rd or 4th best RB in last years draft alone, the fact people are so against trading him with a guy like Cutler available baffles me. Not saying we prob wont get Cutler anyways but if the scenario did happen and the only thing holding it up was Forte......

Edited by SoxFan101

QUOTE (SoxFan101 @ Mar 13, 2009 -> 11:23 AM)
Matt Forte might be the 3rd or 4th best RB in last years draft alone, the fact people are so against trading him with a guy like Cutler available baffles me. Not saying we prob wont get Cutler anyways but if the scenario did happen and the only thing holding it up was Forte......

What tells you he wasn't the best? Nobody is a complete back like him. Nobody can catch it, run with it, and block like Forte can. Johnson isn't an every down guy and neither is McFadden. Ray Rice didn't show me that much last year and while I like Kevin Smith, he is no Forte.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Mar 13, 2009 -> 09:46 PM)
What tells you he wasn't the best? Nobody is a complete back like him. Nobody can catch it, run with it, and block like Forte can. Johnson isn't an every down guy and neither is McFadden. Ray Rice didn't show me that much last year and while I like Kevin Smith, he is no Forte.

I actually like Steve Slaton alot... he's a better pure runner than forte, about the same as a receiver, but not as good of a blocker.

he was the best rookie running back last year.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Mar 13, 2009 -> 09:46 PM)

Id say Slaton, Johnson, McFadden, hell who knows Rice showed flashes when given a chance and we dont know how good Mendenhall will be. Johnson and Slaton were arguable better runners last year and I think if given the ball more McFadden has the most talent of the bunch.

All things considered, I would rank them as follows

Chris Johnson

Matt Forte

Steve Slaton

Darren Mcfadden

Felix Jones

Jonathan Stewart

Tashard Choice

Rashard Medenhall

Kevin Smith

Ray Rice

With that said, every single back on this list has a shot to be very good, if not great.

QUOTE (rangercal @ Mar 14, 2009 -> 02:10 PM)

Chris Johnson

Matt Forte

Steve Slaton

Darren Mcfadden

Felix Jones

Jonathan Stewart

Tashard Choice

Rashard Medenhall

Kevin Smith

Ray Rice

With that said, every single back on this list has a shot to be very good, if not great.

I would rank them differently, however, I think you're right... they is a lot of talent on that list. People might talk about this draft of RB's for a long time.

QUOTE (rangercal @ Mar 14, 2009 -> 02:10 PM)

Chris Johnson

Matt Forte

Steve Slaton

Darren Mcfadden

Felix Jones

Jonathan Stewart

Tashard Choice

Rashard Medenhall

Kevin Smith

Ray Rice

I think the top of the list should be Slaton, Forte and then Johnson based on the offensive lines and recent history of the Texans and Bears running games. I also think Stewart should have been ahead of McFadden and that Mendenhall should be last on this list with Choice and Jones down there as well.

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Mar 15, 2009 -> 12:03 AM)
I think the top of the list should be Slaton, Forte and then Johnson based on the offensive lines and recent history of the Texans and Bears running games. I also think Stewart should have been ahead of McFadden and that Mendenhall should be last on this list with Choice and Jones down there as well.

This is all things considered. Even though Jones was injured, he averaged 8.9 ypc. (I mean, s***) Cowboys line had a down year too. All things considered, I'll keep jones right where he is.

Edited by rangercal

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Mar 14, 2009 -> 11:03 PM)

eh, a washed up Ahman Green averaged 4 yards a carry over 74 carries, and Slaton averaged 4.8. I'd say the Texans OLine is just fine. It's a completely different scheme than that of the Bears, but if Matt Forte had a line of that caliber or any semblence of a passing game opposite him, he probably would have run for 1500 yards.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Mar 15, 2009 -> 12:46 AM)
eh, a washed up Ahman Green averaged 4 yards a carry over 74 carries, and Slaton averaged 4.8. I'd say the Texans OLine is just fine. It's a completely different scheme than that of the Bears, but if Matt Forte had a line of that caliber or any semblence of a passing game opposite him, he probably would have run for 1500 yards.

I'd say having Andre Johnson helps open up the running game too lol. Probably even better than Rashied Davis would.

QUOTE (rangercal @ Mar 14, 2009 -> 11:50 PM)
I'd say having Andre Johnson helps open up the running game too lol. Probably even better than Rashied Davis would.

LOL, yeah I was kind of getting at that when talking about the passing game. He is a part of it.

QUOTE (SoxFan101 @ Mar 13, 2009 -> 01:23 PM)

I would give up Briggs long before I gave up Forte. Angelo doesn't hit on his offensive picks very often.

If we somehow nab Jay Cutler... hmm I was gonna say something here, but I can't think of what I could possibly do to show my happiness.

I mean I wouldn't perform a sex act I would feel uncomfortable doing... but something along those lines, maybe.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 16, 2009 -> 10:27 AM)
Apparently the Bears are one of two teams he favors. Get this s*** done. I think the entire Bears camp would be in awe of a QB with an arm like Cutler's.

John Clayton was on ESPN radio last night and off the top of his head he thought it would be a 1 and a 3 and then a 2 next year. He also said the Bears might not have high enough picks to get it done.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Mar 16, 2009 -> 11:35 AM)
John Clayton was on ESPN radio last night and off the top of his head he thought it would be a 1 and a 3 and then a 2 next year. He also said the Bears might not have high enough picks to get it done.

Jerry Angelo should offer whatever it takes, this year and next year's 1st round picks and 2 or a 3 next year. I could see the Broncos having interest in Orton, Forte, or Briggs as well.

This is just one of those moments where you have to take the big chance. Honestly, this core of players is not going to get you a Superbowl, and Angelo should see that... I think you completely overhaul the team when you make a move like this and position yourself to make a serious run at the big game a few years down the road.

Angelo said that you win because of the QB position... this is the time to at least test out that theory.

If there is a move to be made and Angelo remains passive... he should be tied to Orton's performance and ultimately terminated if (when) that plan fails.