Mr Angelo, please trade for Jay Cutler!

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Mar 16, 2009 -> 11:02 AM)
Jerry Angelo should offer whatever it takes, this year and next year's 1st round picks and 2 or a 3 next year. I could see the Broncos having interest in Orton, Forte, or Briggs as well.

This is just one of those moments where you have to take the big chance. Honestly, this core of players is not going to get you a Superbowl, and Angelo should see that... I think you completely overhaul the team when you make a move like this and position yourself to make a serious run at the big game a few years down the road.

Angelo said that you win because of the QB position... this is the time to at least test out that theory.

If there is a move to be made and Angelo remains passive... he should be tied to Orton's performance and ultimately terminated if (when) that plan fails.

Completely Agree

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (rangercal @ Mar 16, 2009 -> 01:00 PM)
considering the bears have done NOTHING this off season, I would be shocked if this got done. It is really hard to be a Bears fan during times like this.

I agree with you, if he gets traded I bet you don't even hear the Bears name in the derby.

It shouldn't be about money either... if anything Bringing in Cutler will make the team more profitable. The Bears will create more buzz about the team and sell more Cutler jerseys than Forte jerseys. It would give the team the first bonafide superstar since Urlacher was drafted and has declined.

Detroit will probably definitely offer pick #20.

The Bears are going to have to offer their 1st #18, and hope that a QB like Freeman is still on the board then, so that McDaniels can mould his guy.

A QB like Cutler probably makes the Bears a playoff team though. Right now, I don't think they are.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Mar 16, 2009 -> 03:47 PM)
Detroit will probably definitely offer pick #20.

The Bears are going to have to offer their 1st #18, and hope that a QB like Freeman is still on the board then, so that McDaniels can mould his guy.

A QB like Cutler probably makes the Bears a playoff team though. Right now, I don't think they are.

Or go Sanchez at 12 if he's there (if he's not, go Maualuga or whoever) and then at 18, like you said, take Freeman.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 16, 2009 -> 10:27 AM)
Apparently the Bears are one of two teams he favors. Get this s*** done. I think the entire Bears camp would be in awe of a QB with an arm like Cutler's.

Apparently, it's them and the Titans.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Mar 16, 2009 -> 11:35 AM)
John Clayton was on ESPN radio last night and off the top of his head he thought it would be a 1 and a 3 and then a 2 next year. He also said the Bears might not have high enough picks to get it done.

Mortensen said last night that the Bears could be interested.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 16, 2009 -> 11:30 AM)
I refuse to even entertain the thought that the Bears would actually pull this deal off. It won't happen.

^^^^^^^^^^^

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Mar 16, 2009 -> 07:12 AM)
After the last meeting between Cutler and McDaniels, Cutler decided he wants nothing to do with the Broncos anymore and has had his agent request a trade.

Somebody hold whitesoxbrian back

Don't worry- I'm slowly but surely getting on the bandwagon.

Edited by whitesoxbrian

I'd start by offering Orton, a 2nd round pick, and Chris Williams. That's a heck of a lowball though, and the offer would only increase from their. Were this the case though the choice would be to ether sign Pace or just hope like hell Oher is still available in the draft.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Mar 17, 2009 -> 01:06 AM)
I'd start by offering Orton, a 2nd round pick, and Chris Williams. That's a heck of a lowball though, and the offer would only increase from their. Were this the case though the choice would be to ether sign Pace or just hope like hell Oher is still available in the draft.

Orton is worth a bit to the Broncos as I believe he fits their QB mold, but they could be looking just to draft which makes him useless to them in that scenario.

They will ask for much more than just a second round pick.

Williams with his injury has much more value to the Bears than any other team, trading him now is trading him at a very low point IMO.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Mar 17, 2009 -> 02:22 AM)
Williams with his injury has much more value to the Bears than any other team, trading him now is trading him at a very low point IMO.

I think Chris Williams' worth is tied to how much bonus money he has already received from the Bears... if the Bears have given him a big chunk of his 10 mil guaranteed -- then I think he's really valuable to another team. If you can get a young OT prospect like Williams and you don't have to guarantee him that much... thats gravy.

However, i'm not sure how much he made via signing bonus, roster bonus etc...

QUOTE (knightni @ Mar 17, 2009 -> 02:35 AM)
Orton, a #1 this year and a #2 next year?

That sounds pretty good to me... I'd do it in a heartbeat.

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Mar 17, 2009 -> 02:55 AM)
I think Chris Williams' worth is tied to how much bonus money he has already received from the Bears... if the Bears have given him a big chunk of his 10 mil guaranteed -- then I think he's really valuable to another team. If you can get a young OT prospect like Williams and you don't have to guarantee him that much... thats gravy.

However, i'm not sure how much he made via signing bonus, roster bonus etc...

That sounds pretty good to me... I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Fair enough on the first account.

And agreed on the second.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Mar 16, 2009 -> 09:54 PM)
Don't worry- I'm slowly but surely getting on the bandwagon.

How could you not be, the kid never shuts his damn mouth but he can sling the ball around like few others

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Mar 17, 2009 -> 02:06 AM)

Jesus, you guys know there's a sensible limit to how much you could and should give up for a player, no matter who it is? Cutler's not THAT valuable, let's take a step back and remember that even though he's a proven commodity, he had an 86 QB rating behind one of the better lines in the league, with some great WRs, not to mention he's a pouty little b**** and was before this whole episode. Young franchise QBs hardly ever almost never become available, true. But what value does Cutler have to the Bears if they trade away the only (possible) blue chip on the line, especially a tackle, and have him get murdered back there behind a line that's even worse than last year? Cutler's no Roethlisberger, and even Roethlisberger has WRs to throw to.

Edited by lostfan

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Mar 17, 2009 -> 05:07 PM)
Bernstein is expressing my feelings on this situation now. I think it's crucial and imperative that Angelo explores the Cutler situation deeply, but I don't think he has to pull out all stops to get him.

I support Angelo pursuing Cutler fully, but I see a lose-lose situation for Angelo here unless he gets lucky. Scenario A is that he gives up an irrational package for Cutler that it's impossible for Cutler to live up to, handcuffing him for the next couple of years. Scenario B is that some other team outbids him with a silly package (or the Broncos just decide not to deal Cutler) and the meathead fanbase blasts him for not trying hard enough.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Mar 17, 2009 -> 04:58 PM)
Anything the Broncos want, they can have for Cutler. This team cannot build, or find a QB of their own. How many QBs have we started over the last 20 years. Get him, build around him.

I agree they should pursue him and be willing to give up a decent amount, but you can't give up everything. I think David Carr could have been a good QB in the league, he just had zero to help him build his game.

OK , Who wants to bring torches to halas hall? :crying

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/140554-...ng-and-2-drafts

This is unconfirmed. However, an inside source says a trade will bring Jay Cutler to Washington is almost complete.

The leak came roughly about one hour ago. Negotiations between Cutler’s agent, Pat Bowlen, Daniel Snyder, and the Cleveland Browns management have been ongoing for a few days and all sides seem to be happy.

The deal would see Jay Cutler, Tony Scheffler, and Cleveland’s third round pick going to Washington.

Jason Campbell and Chris Cooley going to Cleveland and one of Denver’s fifth round picks.

Brady Quinn going from Cleveland to Denver, and LaRon Landry from Washington will be going to Denver. We thought that the Bailey-Portis trade was big.

Our source says that teams will announce the deal at 5 p.m. this evening.