Mr Angelo, please trade for Jay Cutler!

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Apr 1, 2009 -> 10:10 PM)
Think about it this way. Orton, Chris Williams and Earl Bennett. You wouldnt trade that for Cutler? Or Peyton Manning?

lol. Easy to pull that card after you know who's been drafted. And in WhiteSoxBrian's hypothetical proposal we more than likely give up a first or second in 2010. That's my whole beef. That is why trades like this rarely ever happen. It's almost impossible for both sides to come away satisfied.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 1, 2009 -> 11:15 PM)
lol. Easy to pull that card after you know who's been drafted. And in WhiteSoxBrian's hypothetical proposal we more than likely give up a first or second in 2010. That's my whole beef. That is why trades like this rarely ever happen. It's almost impossible for both sides to come away satisfied.

If we were better at drafting I would mind but look at how many misses our front office has had in the draft the past few years.

I have 0 problem with Angelo giving up a first rounder for this year and next, especially considering he's hardly drafted well early in rounds anyway. The man usually finds gems in the later rounds anyways. But I do agree that giving up a first, second, third, first, third, fourth etc.. giving up the universe (this is way past the moon) for Cutler is idiotic. I'm probably gonna get blasted from this (and rightfully so IMO) but I still think Hanie is gonna be a diamond in the rough. (won't go as far as a couple posters I've read on other boards calling him the next Romo, but I think he can be pretty good). Kid is athletic, good arm and can illude pressure. Sure it's a small sample, but hopefully we'll see more from the kid. But hey, you get a chance to get Cutler, a Bears fan at that, without giving up the universe... (the moon I can live it) you gotta do it.

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Apr 1, 2009 -> 10:22 PM)
If we were better at drafting I would mind but look at how many misses our front office has had in the draft the past few years.

I totally understand where you're coming from. At least from an offensive standpoint. But Olsen in 2007 and Forte last year look like winners. No way to judge Chris Williams at this point.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Apr 1, 2009 -> 10:30 PM)
I have 0 problem with Angelo giving up a first rounder for this year and next, especially considering he's hardly drafted well early in rounds anyway. The man usually finds gems in the later rounds anyways. But I do agree that giving up a first, second, third, first, third, fourth etc.. giving up the universe (this is way past the moon) for Cutler is idiotic. I'm probably gonna get blasted from this (and rightfully so IMO) but I still think Hanie is gonna be a diamond in the rough. (won't go as far as a couple posters I've read on other boards calling him the next Romo, but I think he can be pretty good). Kid is athletic, good arm and can illude pressure. Sure it's a small sample, but hopefully we'll see more from the kid. But hey, you get a chance to get Cutler, a Bears fan at that, without giving up the universe... (the moon I can live it) you gotta do it.

I'd 100% agree with you if we were only a QB away from contending. If the Vikings got Cutler, they're automatically a SB contender. Even with Cutler, I'm not sure were a playoff team given our other glaring holes.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 1, 2009 -> 11:34 PM)
I'd 100% agree with you if we were only a QB away from contending. If the Vikings got Cutler, they're automatically a SB contender. Even with Cutler, I'm not sure were a playoff team given our other glaring holes.

I hope Cutler goes to Washington so I can close this thread... I can't keep doing this to myself.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Apr 1, 2009 -> 11:35 PM)
This is a franchise and all pro QB. I'd pull a Ditka and give up our whole draft this year for him.

So long as you are aware that was one of the most epic of fails in the history of the draft, up there with Herschel Walker, then that's ok.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Apr 1, 2009 -> 10:25 PM)
Think about the possibility of this being the rest of our offseason:

-Sign Pace, Holt, and Lucas.

-Trade our 1st and 3rd this year, a conditional pick in 2010 that can become a 1st rounder (automatically a 2nd or 3rd round pick no matter what), Orton, and one of Vasher, McBride or Graham (whichever one Denver feels would be the best fit, I think it would be Graham) for Cutler. I think/hope that would get the deal done.

That's jizz worthy right there.

I'd masturbate immediately due to the amount I'd be turned on...

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 2, 2009 -> 08:14 AM)
Regardless of what happens, Jay Cutler is a tool.

No doubts about that, he has quite an inflated opinion about himself. I still cant believe he tried to pull the "Im going to orchestrate a team mutiny" card at the beginning of this fiasco

QUOTE (BearSox @ Apr 1, 2009 -> 11:25 PM)
Think about the possibility of this being the rest of our offseason:

-Sign Pace, Holt, and Lucas.

-Trade our 1st and 3rd this year, a conditional pick in 2010 that can become a 1st rounder (automatically a 2nd or 3rd round pick no matter what), Orton, and one of Vasher, McBride or Graham (whichever one Denver feels would be the best fit, I think it would be Graham) for Cutler. I think/hope that would get the deal done.

That's jizz worthy right there.

Wow, jizz worthy because Denver can go f*** themselves for that deal. There's a limit to what's reasonable especially when Denver has NO leverage.

Edited by lostfan

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 2, 2009 -> 09:37 AM)
Yeah, it's not like 10+ teams are knocking on the door or anything...

Not the point. Showing interest and being willing to actually pull the trigger are two different things. If someone wants to give Denver an unrealistically big package (2 first rounders, a 2nd, and a player for example) then you don't outbid, you let them.

If Denver wants to ask for that, fine, but you negotiate down, not up. You don't just offer that high because you want it really bad.

Edited by lostfan

QUOTE (lostfan @ Apr 2, 2009 -> 10:50 AM)
Not the point. Showing interest and being willing to actually pull the trigger are two different things. If someone wants to give Denver an unrealistically big package (2 first rounders, a 2nd, and a player for example) then you don't outbid, you let them.

If Denver wants to ask for that, fine, but you negotiate down, not up. You don't just offer that high because you want it really bad.

of course you don't want to overbid... and I would trade 2 firsts and 2 seconds, but you have to be realistic. 10 teams are legitimately interested because the guy is a stud QB in his PRIME. We are not trying to obtain Sage Rosenfels... Denver does have a lot of negotiating power because they can play SEVERAL offers against eachother. The Broncos will get value for Cutler because Cutler is worth more to most teams that view Cutler as more valuable than whatever they would get with their draft picks --- if the Broncos don't overplay their hand.

The Bears can negotiate up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right B A... but if you want Cutler your going to have to give up value. Cutler may be a baby but he doesnt have TO stigma and you aren't going to get him (franchise QB) for peanuts.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Apr 2, 2009 -> 11:41 AM)
Sure you're going to have to give up value. That's a given. That doesn't mean you pre-lube your asshole though.

I don't think 3 picks and a player is too much at all. So we trade our 1st rounder? Great, now JA can't blow it.

QUOTE (SoxFan101 @ Apr 2, 2009 -> 01:07 PM)
I think you are reaching saying there are 10 teams that are competing for Cutler. Id say maybe half that are really the only serious about putting a package together to actually acquire Cutler.

Which is what I was trying to say.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Apr 2, 2009 -> 10:41 AM)
Sure you're going to have to give up value. That's a given. That doesn't mean you pre-lube your asshole though.

Bingo! And you knew this was coming the moment it was even insinuated that Cutler could be available. It's not nearly as simple as "GIVE THEM WHATEVER THEY WANT FOR CUTLER!" And the sad thing is that if the Bears don't get him, it's going to be automatically assumed that they dropped the ball.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 2, 2009 -> 02:25 PM)
Bingo! And you knew this was coming the moment it was even insinuated that Cutler could be available. It's not nearly as simple as "GIVE THEM WHATEVER THEY WANT FOR CUTLER!" And the sad thing is that if the Bears don't get him, it's going to be automatically assumed that they dropped the ball.

It will really depend on what package ends up getting Cutler. If it looks like something the Bears could have reasonably matched or beat, we'll be hearing about this for years to come. "Crede woulda had that!" will become "Cutler woulda completed that!"