Mr Angelo, please trade for Jay Cutler!

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Apr 1, 2009 -> 08:46 AM)
The Broncos want a 1st in 09 and in 2010 plus a 2nd rounder this season.

And the Bears could have a valuable pick in #18. Why? Because that's 1 pick ahead of Tampa Bay, who themselves are looking for a young QB.

The Broncos could take Freeman at #18 in a trade with the Bears.

Josh Freeman sucks. How is he a 1st rounder?

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (danman31 @ Apr 1, 2009 -> 11:18 AM)
Josh Freeman sucks. How is he a 1st rounder?

cuz its one of the shallowest drafts for qbs in recent memory....after stafford and sachez, freeman is basically the only guy who might reasonably be an nfl starter

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 1, 2009 -> 10:53 AM)
The Bears need to negotiate that down a bit, but its not totally unreasonable.

I agree, if this is really the outline of what they want that is very workable. I imagine with a few teams involved they'll get close to this

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 1, 2009 -> 11:53 AM)
The Bears need to negotiate that down a bit, but its not totally unreasonable.

I would say considering how desperate the Jets are for a QB, they would probably give that up.

QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ Apr 1, 2009 -> 01:48 PM)
On Mully and Hanley this morning, they were saying Detroit might offer their #1 pick for Cutler...which I believe is the 1st pick this year...

Smart move on their part, because then they don't have to give out a massive rookie contract.

I'd much rather spend the same or similar amount of money on Jay Cutler than Matthew Stafford.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Apr 1, 2009 -> 12:54 PM)
Smart move on their part, because then they don't have to give out a massive rookie contract.

I'd much rather spend the same or similar amount of money on Jay Cutler than Matthew Stafford.

Absolutely right... but this is why I don't think the Broncos will want the #1 pick.

The Bears are actually in a good position to make this deal IMO because they hold a mid round pick, where DEN could maybe take Sanchez at 12 and then add defense at 18 -- both players should cost about as much as Stafford would at number 1.

We shall see though

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Apr 1, 2009 -> 02:09 PM)
Absolutely right... but this is why I don't think the Broncos will want the #1 pick.

The Bears are actually in a good position to make this deal IMO because they hold a mid round pick, where DEN could maybe take Sanchez at 12 and then add defense at 18 -- both players should cost about as much as Stafford would at number 1.

We shall see though

I agree with you, I don't think the Broncos would want the #1 overall, it's too burdensome of a contract. If a deal gets done with Detroit I would guess it would invovle the #20 overall pick and others

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 1, 2009 -> 02:55 PM)
Get over it Detroit, nobody wants your worthless #1 pick.

I'd love to see what happens if the team with the #1 pick couldn't get someone to agree to a contract before the draft and decided to start dropping a few slots to save the cap room. Without a major adjustment to the rookie pay scale it's only a matter of time.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 1, 2009 -> 06:56 PM)
I'd love to see what happens if the team with the #1 pick couldn't get someone to agree to a contract before the draft and decided to start dropping a few slots to save the cap room. Without a major adjustment to the rookie pay scale it's only a matter of time.

This is why they want to move the draft to February.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Apr 1, 2009 -> 10:31 PM)
What is everyone willing to give up for Cutler?

I'd give up Orton, our 1st and 3rd this year, and a conditional pick next year depending on his performance (either a 1st, 2nd, or 3rd).

How about a jar of Vaseline too?

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Apr 1, 2009 -> 08:31 PM)
What is everyone willing to give up for Cutler?

I'd give up Orton, our 1st and 3rd this year, and a conditional pick next year depending on his performance (either a 1st, 2nd, or 3rd).

I wouldn't do this for Peyton Manning.

Think about the possibility of this being the rest of our offseason:

-Sign Pace, Holt, and Lucas.

-Trade our 1st and 3rd this year, a conditional pick in 2010 that can become a 1st rounder (automatically a 2nd or 3rd round pick no matter what), Orton, and one of Vasher, McBride or Graham (whichever one Denver feels would be the best fit, I think it would be Graham) for Cutler. I think/hope that would get the deal done.

That's jizz worthy right there.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Apr 1, 2009 -> 09:26 PM)
then you are f'n crazy.

Depends on what the conditions would be for next year's pick or picks. I'd without hesitation give up a first and third this year. But a possible first or second next year as well? For a team with all the holes the Bears have? I don't think so. I realize how badly this city is starving for an elite QB. But let's not get crazy now. This isn't the NBA where one guy by himself can make an average team elite.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 1, 2009 -> 10:34 PM)
I'd without hesitation give up a first and third this year. But a first or second next year as well? For a team with all the holes the Bears have? I don't think so.

This is a franchise and all pro QB. I'd pull a Ditka and give up our whole draft this year for him.

Seen this.. since I highly doubt the Bears land Cutler....would you be interested in Jason Campbell?

April 1, 2009

According to the Washington Post, Jason Campbell was reportedly offered to a team that remains nameless for a second round pick on Wednesday.

Our View:The Redskins clearly don't want to move forward with Campbell as their quarterback. They failed to offer him a long tern contract and now they're dangling him as bait across the league. The deal didn't go through most likely because it was hinged on the Skins landing Jay Cutler. But don't expect Campbell to stay put much longer.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Apr 1, 2009 -> 09:35 PM)
This is a franchise and all pro QB. I'd pull a Ditka and give up our whole draft this year for him.

So we'd have a franchise QB with no wideouts, o-line and a s***ty defense. Football ain't like baseball or even basketball. You build your team through the draft. Hard to do that when you have no picks.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 1, 2009 -> 10:42 PM)
So we'd have a franchise QB with no wideouts, o-line and a s***ty defense. Football ain't like baseball or even basketball. You build your team through the draft. Hard to do that when you have no picks.

Name me 3 QB's who have either been bad/medicore/whatever that have won a Super Bowl in the last 13. I'm counting Eli Manning as "good". Try me.

You build your team around franchise QB's. We build our WR's, OL, and D with this upcoming draft and through next year's FA and draft.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Apr 1, 2009 -> 09:45 PM)
Name me 3 QB's who have either been bad/medicore/whatever that have won a Super Bowl in the last 13. I'm counting Eli Manning as "good". Try me.

You build your team around franchise QB's. We build our WR's, OL, and D with this upcoming draft and through next year's FA and draft.

I guess Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson were All-Pros when the Ravens and Bucs won it all? Jake Delhomme sucked the year the Panthers got there. We got there with a guy who had 5 games in which his QB rating was less than 36.8. Yeah, ideally you'd build around a franchise QB. But guess what? Teams that have that franchise QB do so because they were in position to draft him. Different story when you're trying to trade for one. And I'd love to see how we'd be able to fill all the holes we have with no first round picks the next two years.

Edited by Jordan4life