Sn Report: Sox Sign Wunsch To One Year Contract

Chisoxfn

Guest hotsoxchick1

500,000 +????? thats a bit high considering that their number one starter makes almost half less than that........and they cut him 15,000 in the process....whos f***ed up idea was this little gem???? no wonder why we dont get anywhere lately.... for what little kelly has done in the past couple of years ( and dont get me wrong here i always did like the guy) they should have just cut him loose and saved the money........geez........

Thats just 200k over minimum salary. Look at his numbers, the guy is flat out one of the best left handed relievers in baseball. I never was a huge fan of his, but I can't deny his stats. This guy has proven, when healthy, that he's damn good.

He was great this year as well as 2000.

Originally posted by Chisoxfn

Thats just 200k over minimum salary.  Look at his numbers, the guy is flat out one of the best left handed relievers in baseball.  I never was a huge fan of his, but I can't deny his stats.  This guy has proven, when healthy, that he's damn good.

one of the best left handed relievers in baseball???....cmon..i like kelly alot but he is very one demensional...he is only good for a one or two batters..look at his IP..what were they last year??40-50??

a top lefty reliever is mike stanton...and he will command quite a few million

Thats just 200k over minimum salary.  Look at his numbers, the guy is flat out one of the best left handed relievers in baseball.  I never was a huge fan of his, but I can't deny his stats.  This guy has proven, when healthy, that he's damn good.

one of the best left handed relievers in baseball???....cmon..i like kelly alot but he is very one demensional...he is only good for a one or two batters..look at his IP..what were they last year??40-50??

a top lefty reliever is mike stanton...and he will command quite a few million

jas, I have to dissagree about Wunsch. I've never been much of a fan of his. all he has is his motion. doesn't have the best stuff and his location is adequate.

I don't consider him anything more than a situational lefty out of a pen.

He is just a situational lefty and like I say I don't think he has the best stuff, but I can't really deny the numbers he's put up.

Last season after the sluggish start, which is due to his injury, he was brilliant, just like he was in 2000 when he was healthy, which was the entire season.

Guest hotsoxchick1

i just cant fathom the thought of 500k on a situational guy when we need a starter and have one whos making half that.......if kw were smart ... knowing how badly mark wanted to bolt to st louis he would make him a great offer which would make him want to stay around for a while.... mark seeing all these mediocre guys getting more than he is got to get on his nerves a bit... i know it gets on mine and im not getting any money.......lol

Guest hotsoxchick1

well it damn well be better than 500k..... if not ... ill tell ya what i would do if i were mark... i would wait and see what happens at the end of next year when my contract is up and then if they didnt offer me what i was worth ... i would go to arbritration and get that and then some.....

Originally posted by hotsoxchick1

well it damn well be better than 500k..... if not ... ill tell ya what i would do if i were mark... i would wait and see what happens at the end of next year when my contract is up and then if they didnt offer me what i was worth ... i would go to arbritration and get that and then some.....

They will never take Mark to arbitration. He'd kick their ass like no other pitcher has.

Trust me, he's going to be signing most likely by December 7th. I smell 5 mill a year for about 3 yrs. Thats really a fair deal for both sides to me.

Buerhle gets a lot considering the Sox don't really have to negotiate with him, while the Sox are making him happy which puts them in better position to keep him.

Trust me, he's going to be signing most likely by December 7th.  I smell 5 mill a year for about 3 yrs.  Thats really a fair deal for both sides to me.

Since he's been talking about bolting to St. Louis, wouldn't we want to tie him up for longer than three years?!? I wouldn't feel very comfortable here if the contract was for any less than four or five years. They better give him something like a $20 million contract for five years.

Guest hotsoxchick1

all im saying is that three years will be fine enough for me but he better be paid well... at least better than that useless piece of doo doo wunch is being paid.... cause if he isnt if i were mark i would make a break for the border..........or at least play dead this year....