South Regional

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Mar 19, 2009 -> 10:01 PM)
Refs arent doing Illinois any favors, the guy clearly moves under Brock on that lay up. Should have been and 1.

That call was absolutely pathetic. College refs are horrible at their jobs across the board. Although we are playing so bad it doesn't matter. And I would love to see college basketball add the semi circle. I'm sick of seeing charges taken while standing under the basket.

I hate how the announcers almost never question a call.

There response was that Brock should have used a jump shot. He was running full sprint and the defender slid under him.

If Illinois is going to get back into this game, they are going to need to start taking better shots and give the ball to Davis more. Im pretty sure the guy who took the last shot of the first half for Illinois is not a 3 point shooter so no real reason to take that shot. I think that Davis can cause some real problems for WKU.

Also I expect law of averages for some of WKU's shots.

Its going to be tight, Illinois really needs to hit them hard to start.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Mar 19, 2009 -> 10:12 PM)
I hate how the announcers almost never question a call.

There response was that Brock should have used a jump shot. He was running full sprint and the defender slid under him.

If Illinois is going to get back into this game, they are going to need to start taking better shots and give the ball to Davis more. Im pretty sure the guy who took the last shot of the first half for Illinois is not a 3 point shooter so no real reason to take that shot. I think that Davis can cause some real problems for WKU.

Also I expect law of averages for some of WKU's shots.

Its going to be tight, Illinois really needs to hit them hard to start.

And Brock was on the way down after already releasing the shot which makes the call way worse.

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Mar 19, 2009 -> 10:32 PM)
terrible. all around. lousy offense, wimpy defense, no rebounding

No energy. Way too many second chance points for WKU. Poor overall effort (aside from Brock). McCamey is the laziest guard I've seen in a long time. Oh, and god-awful perimeter defense. Where is Tisdale? Where is Davis?

QUOTE (BaseballNick @ Mar 19, 2009 -> 10:38 PM)
No energy. Way too many second chance points for WKU. Poor overall effort (aside from Brock). McCamey is the laziest guard I've seen in a long time. Oh, and god-awful perimeter defense. Where is Tisdale? Where is Davis?

I am really starting to hate McCamey. Hard to like a guy who has a ton of talent and shows no desire to make himself great and gives no effort on D.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Mar 19, 2009 -> 10:07 PM)
I am really starting to hate McCamey. Hard to like a guy who has a ton of talent and shows no desire to make himself great and gives no effort on D.

coughbrianrandlecough