TiVo

aboz56

Just got it today in time for the second half of the season so I can start the games from the beginning when I get home. This thing is awesome. I was just wondering if anyone else has it and what you think of it. It'll be great to be able to watch Mark B mow down the Twins over and over and over...

:headbang :headbang :headbang :headbang

I'd love to Mr. Showtime.

Here's basically what mine does.

I've got the TiVo series 2, 80 hr model. Basically, it can hold up to 80 hours of programming. I've got it hooked up to my DirecTV receiver.

When you are watching live TV, you can pause it, rewind it, slow motion, instant replay. I've just been playing around with those today as I just got the system put in today and put into place.

Along with those things, you can set it to record programming that's on when you are not home. For example, when the Sox play tomorrow night, I'm going to set it to record the game and when I get home, I'll be able to start it from the beginning and watch it all the way through. If I only get home 10 mins after it starts, I can start it from the beginning until it reaches live TV and watch it from there. It also has a season pass feature that records every episose of whatver show you tell it to. For example, every episode of Friends that's on my dish would be recorded if I selected a season pass for Friends.

The service is 12.95 a month or you can pay $300 for a lifetime subscription of your box. The prices range from $250 to $350, depending on how much you'd like to be able to store on the TiVo.

There ya go. I'd recommend it to anyone, my uncle was the one who got me into it as I used it at his house several times and had to get one on my own.

I've got the TiVo series 2, 80 hr model.  Basically, it can hold up to 80 hours of programming.  I've got it hooked up to my DirecTV receiver.

When you are watching live TV, you can pause it, rewind it, slow motion, instant replay.  I've just been playing around with those today as I just got the system put in today and put into place.

Along with those things, you can set it to record programming that's on when you are not home.  For example, when the Sox play tomorrow night, I'm going to set it to record the game and when I get home, I'll be able to start it from the beginning and watch it all the way through.  If I only get home 10 mins after it starts, I can start it from the beginning until it reaches live TV and watch it from there.  It also has a season pass feature that records every episose of whatver show you tell it to.  For example, every episode of Friends that's on my dish would be recorded if I selected a season pass for Friends.

The service is 12.95 a month or you can pay $300 for a lifetime subscription of your box.  The prices range from $250 to $350, depending on how much you'd like to be able to store on the TiVo.

There ya go.  I'd recommend it to anyone, my uncle was the one who got me into it as I used it at his house several times and had to get one on my own.

i got the same thing..... LOVE IT :)

I've got the TiVo series 2, 80 hr model.  Basically, it can hold up to 80 hours of programming.  I've got it hooked up to my DirecTV receiver.

When you are watching live TV, you can pause it, rewind it, slow motion, instant replay.  I've just been playing around with those today as I just got the system put in today and put into place.

Along with those things, you can set it to record programming that's on when you are not home.  For example, when the Sox play tomorrow night, I'm going to set it to record the game and when I get home, I'll be able to start it from the beginning and watch it all the way through.  If I only get home 10 mins after it starts, I can start it from the beginning until it reaches live TV and watch it from there.  It also has a season pass feature that records every episose of whatver show you tell it to.  For example, every episode of Friends that's on my dish would be recorded if I selected a season pass for Friends.

The service is 12.95 a month or you can pay $300 for a lifetime subscription of your box.  The prices range from $250 to $350, depending on how much you'd like to be able to store on the TiVo.

There ya go.  I'd recommend it to anyone, my uncle was the one who got me into it as I used it at his house several times and had to get one on my own.

I too, also have DirectTV and got this pamphlet thing in the mail advertising DirecTV@DVR..

Is that what you got?

It says get a DirecTV@DVR for $199... and if you have the Total Choice Premiere Programming(as I do) the monthly fee of $4.99 is waived

I too, also have DirectTV and got this pamphlet thing in the mail advertising DirecTV@DVR..

Is that what you got?

It says get a DirecTV@DVR for $199... and if you have the Total Choice Premiere Programming(as I do) the monthly fee of $4.99 is waived

I have my satellite and TiVo separate.

What you're talking about is both in one, which requires a dual LNB (don't ask) satellite dish. I would have gotten that, but since my receiver is brand new, I didn't want to buy another receiver and have to get rid of my new one.

if u have more than one tivo box u can record and watch live tv

You have to have more then one tivo box to record 2 shows at once?

On this pamphlet, it says you can Record two shows at once.."Watch one show and record the other.."record two shows at once".."or watch a recorded show while recording two live shows" :huh:

You have to have more then one tivo box to record 2 shows at once?

On this pamphlet, it says you can Record two shows at once.."Watch one show and record the other.."record two shows at once".."or watch a recorded show while recording two live shows" :huh:

With the DVR and receiver in one, you can do that. If you have them separately, you can't