Merkin: Marquez a "lock" to make the team

Heads22

QUOTE (BearSox @ Mar 21, 2009 -> 11:01 PM)
The thing with Poreda though, the club likely wants him to focus on throwing sliders and his secondary pitches. With someone like Williams, it's likely the club just wants him to go out and see what he has. And after seeing him today, he's extremely mediocre and it's easy to tell why he is a 34 year old journey man who hasn't even pitched in the majors the past 3 years.

A trade or a free agent pickup isn't out of the question either.

QUOTE (flavum @ Mar 21, 2009 -> 10:57 PM)
I think Gonzales might just be speculating there. Birmingham makes a lot more sense for a guy like Beckham.

I don't know. I thought AA would make more sense for Viciedo as well, but we sent him to Charlotte. And I think Viciedo is a lot more raw than Beckham.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Mar 21, 2009 -> 11:18 PM)
I don't know. I thought AA would make more sense for Viciedo as well, but we sent him to Charlotte. And I think Viciedo is a lot more raw than Beckham.

It seems like the organization is trying being more patient with prospects than in years past so I wouldn't be surprised if they sent Beck to high A ball and just promote him if he's torching pitchers.