Who would you rather see at the plate?

sin city sox fan

Lillibridge or Owens?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you rather see at the plate when we really need a basehit??

• Lillibridge
    • Owens
    • Give me a knife...I'm killing myself

QUOTE (Kenny Hates Prospects @ Mar 16, 2009 -> 11:33 PM)
I'd want to know who the hell is managing the game and why one of these players are batting in that situation.

Maybe this could happen if it's the bottom of the 17th on the last day of the season after the rosters have expanded. If it did, I'd rather have it be Lillibridge because at least he's not Jerry Owens.

Agreed.

QUOTE (sin city sox fan @ Mar 16, 2009 -> 11:27 PM)
Bottom of the 9th. Bases loaded. Sox down one and season on the line. Who would be most clutch?

I know the following story involved a video game, but i thought fellow Sox fans would love it.

Last week, i was playing MLB 09 The Show. Best of 7 Rivalry, I was the Sox and my friend (Rob) the Cubs. We were in game 6, and i had the series lead 3-2. Bottom of the 9th inning, 2 outs, Cubs leading 5-4. With 2 guys on, i had Jerry Owens up, and he was facing Marmol. I told Rob, "well this should be good, we're going to Game 7", when, wouldn't you know it, Owens pulls a Joe Carter, and hits a walk off, series ending homer.

Highly unrealistic in real life, yet still highly entertaining.

QUOTE (smalls2598 @ Mar 17, 2009 -> 10:04 AM)
I know the following story involved a video game, but i thought fellow Sox fans would love it.

Last week, i was playing MLB 09 The Show. Best of 7 Rivalry, I was the Sox and my friend (Rob) the Cubs. We were in game 6, and i had the series lead 3-2. Bottom of the 9th inning, 2 outs, Cubs leading 5-4. With 2 guys on, i had Jerry Owens up, and he was facing Marmol. I told Rob, "well this should be good, we're going to Game 7", when, wouldn't you know it, Owens pulls a Joe Carter, and hits a walk off, series ending homer.

Highly unrealistic in real life, yet still highly entertaining.

Classic!