Carlos Zambrano is a White Sox Fan

Linnwood

QUOTE (lostfan @ Mar 17, 2009 -> 06:45 AM)
If someone gave me Z's contract but said I had to be a Cubs, Packers, and Pistons fan, I'd go out and buy season tickets for all 3 that same day.

I'd do that. Hell, I'd get tattoos of their logos.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Mar 17, 2009 -> 11:39 AM)
Are their any current or former Sox players who were fans of the team growing up? I'm pretty sure Gload and Rowand were/are pretty big Sox guys regardless of where they're playing now.

"The Pope", Don Pall and, believe it or not, Josh Paul, the goat of the 2005 ALCS both stick out as south siders with a penchant for the team.

QUOTE (Pants Rowland @ Mar 17, 2009 -> 05:01 PM)
"The Pope", Don Pall and, believe it or not, Josh Paul, the goat of the 2005 ALCS both stick out as south siders with a penchant for the team.

John Ely is a huge Sox fan. I'm pretty sure Cliff Floyd and Granderson were Sox fans also.

QUOTE (shipps @ Mar 17, 2009 -> 01:28 PM)
Once a ball player has been in the league for a few years I think the feeling they had of being a fan of a certain team completely leaves them. Atleast for the majority of them.

i've heard stories that Rowand usuallly wears a Sox's or a Bears T-shirt under his uniform and that Gload watches Sox games in his hotel room on road trips. Bit of a conflict of interest if true.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Mar 17, 2009 -> 01:32 PM)
i've heard stories that Rowand usuallly wears a Sox's or a Bears T-shirt under his uniform and that Gload watches Sox games in his hotel room on road trips. Bit of a conflict of interest if true.

Yeah, he wears an old Bears shirt under his uni. And AJP used to watch twins games when he was with SF.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 17, 2009 -> 02:55 PM)
Yeah, he wears an old Bears shirt under his uni. And AJP used to watch twins games when he was with SF.

Of course, now he probably doesn't. For all he did for that Twins franchise (helped them form into a contender, got them Liriano and Joe Nathan), he isn't very appreciated.

Zambrano would make a medicore AL pitcher, IMO. He wasn't all that good this past year and the AL is obviously greater then the NL. For $91 million, the Cubs can keep him. If he ever were to be traded here, the Cubs would demand Danks or Floyd + maybe Jenks and they can kiss my ass with that.