White Sox @ Diamondbacks, 3/17/09

Balta1701

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Cubano @ Mar 17, 2009 -> 09:29 PM)
I bought Direct TV Sport pack that includes Comcast Chicago Sports. Why doesn't this channel broadcast the Chicago games? This sucks big time.

I know. I got stuck with something similar a few years back and all Chicago games ended up getting blacked out

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Mar 17, 2009 -> 02:26 PM)
On what? Havana deportes? :lol:

They may not have enough TV crew members to do that. One TV crew member defected in San Diego during the WBC.

Glad to see Viciedo hitting good pitchers.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 17, 2009 -> 09:27 PM)
Seems all we get is the live box score today. No audio for either side, no gameday.

Richard gets through the first inning somehow, although the Box score makes no sense (the leadoff and #2 hitters never came to bat and he only recorded 2 outs according to it).

Viciedo with a leadoff double in the 2nd. Anderson then somehow hit in to a double play with only a man on 2nd. Nix struck out.

I can't follow it either

QUOTE (Cubano @ Mar 17, 2009 -> 01:29 PM)
I bought Direct TV Sport pack that includes Comcast Chicago Sports. Why doesn't this channel broadcast the Chicago games? This sucks big time.

In the spring, ratings aren't that high so there's not a lot of money to be made broadcasting every game. Some games are broadcast because people will tune in for a taste. It's capitalism...if there's not a big enough market for the games, they won't spend the money to put the broadcast on.

Make sure you also get the MLB package during the regular season if you want games...if you don't buy that package, out-of-market games will be blacked out and you won't be able to see them.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Mar 17, 2009 -> 02:31 PM)
I know. I got stuck with something similar a few years back and all Chicago games ended up getting blacked out

I have MLB Extra Innings too, but this thing start during the regular season only. If Viciedo does not make the team, I am dropping my Sport Pack option. Those $12 go to savings for when gas prices skyrocket once more in 2 years.

Edited by Cubano

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Mar 17, 2009 -> 03:28 PM)
Walks? No, not even close. He trails only Ian Kennedy in the mystery category.

I couldn't tell him he was right, when you make 12 guesses you are bound to run into the right answer.

QUOTE (flavum @ Mar 17, 2009 -> 03:49 PM)
Three shutout innings for Clayton Richard. One hit, one walk.

He's making Buehrle's contract look bad. Just my opinion.

sloooooooow down there brother.

QUOTE (flavum @ Mar 17, 2009 -> 03:49 PM)
Three shutout innings for Clayton Richard. One hit, one walk.

He's making Buehrle's contract look bad. Just my opinion.

huh? MBs contract isn't that bad, even in the new market. Clayton has looked OK in some regular season games and OK in ST, let's not jump the gun here