White Sox @ Diamondbacks, 3/17/09

Balta1701

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 17, 2009 -> 05:46 PM)
Anderson now 2/4 on the day, up to hitting .263. Getting slowly better.

Not bad at all when you consider his outfield assists and defense. Getz or maybe Beckham to lead off and Anderson can bat 9th is sounding like a good plan to me. Screw speed. I dig the stolen base growing up watching Rock Raines, Ricky Henderson, and Vince Coleman, but this team just doesn't have it and can not seem to be able to acquire it for a reasonable price. I have Betemit, Nix, Wise, and Miller going north as well. Nix has shown some talent and I want to keep him despite the quad issues. DL him if needed.

QUOTE (ottawa_sox @ Mar 17, 2009 -> 05:05 PM)
Sorry about that ...... done.

Now it is the size of an avatar, you can definitely make it bigger than it is currently, it is just orginally it was the size of the entire screen. Now it is almost too small, though do what you do.

OK, the FO has conditioned me and now i'm pumped: bring on Wise/BA platoon.

I mean its not like i have any other choice.

Maybe Wise can sustain something decent in the way of a batting average. I would like Getz to come up and take leadoff however, coming out of the box strong and impressing Ozzie

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 17, 2009 -> 06:54 PM)
Make it a 3/5 day for Anderson, now up to .283. 3/5 on the day for Betemit also. Alexei 0/5. AJ 2/4, guess he decided he needed to keep pushing that .467 BA higher.

Please turn it around BA, we NEED you to win this job.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 17, 2009 -> 09:24 PM)
Please turn it around BA, we NEED you to win this job.

Anderson actually has better spring numbers than Wise, he has 10 more AB but still . . .

.282/.370/.513/.883 in 39 AB, 5/10 BB/K, 0 SB - Brian

.310/.300/.517/.816 in 29 AB, 0/5 BB/K, 1 SB - Dweezy

Jim Thome, who has experienced tightness in his lower back, played in a simulated game.

"I probably got six or seven at-bats and worked on some things, did our work, and everything was great," he said.

Thome expects to start Wednesday against the Angels.

QUOTE (JorgeFabregas @ Mar 17, 2009 -> 09:49 PM)
Yes, how did you figure that?

He has a sacrifice fly. OBP is calculated using plate appearances while batting average is calculated using AB. A SF doesn't count as an AB but it does count as a PA. So it hurts your OBP because you tallied a PA without reaching base but leaves your AVG unaffected since it doesn't count as an AB.