No Obama for Opener

WSoxMatt

http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/2009/03...sox-opener.html

As much as President Barack Obama would like to be at Chicago's U.S. Cellular Field on April 6, it seems unlikely that the First Fan will be there for the home season opener against the Kansas City Royals.

On that day, Obama is now expected to be in Istanbul, Turkey, making the visit to an overwhelmingly Muslim country that he has promised during the early days of his administration.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Mar 17, 2009 -> 10:03 PM)
It is. KW should be running the country.

you better believe KW would balance the 11 Trillion dollar deficit... probably through a series of acquisitions of young promising talent, and former 1st Rd draft picks.

QUOTE (wilmot825 @ Mar 17, 2009 -> 10:36 PM)
Call me crazy but, how about signing Frank Thomas for one game....let him throw out the first pitch...and then he can retire then and there as a White Sox player.

How about signing the big hurt for the year?

Trade Thome for a pitcher because were going to need one.

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Mar 18, 2009 -> 01:31 AM)
you better believe KW would balance the 11 Trillion dollar deficit... probably through a series of acquisitions of young promising talent, and former 1st Rd draft picks.

Can't spend a dollar if all you have is 50 cents.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Mar 18, 2009 -> 11:01 AM)
Can't spend a dollar if all you have is 50 cents.

tryin to make a dolla outa fifteen cents. its hard to be legit and still pay ya rent....

i dont why that made me think of that

How about banning all politicians from attending games this year so they can do some actual work and get things done (especially our local politicians, if they do show up they should all be booed).

I was in Istanbul in October, great city, but not opening day!

QUOTE (ozzfest @ Mar 18, 2009 -> 10:32 AM)
How about signing the big hurt for the year?

Trade Thome for a pitcher because were going to need one.

#1 - Jim Thome is the only significant left handed bat in the Sox lineup, unless AJ Pierzynski scares you

#2 - No one would give up any pitching worthy to deal Jim Thome because of his contract

Thome's not going anywhere

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Mar 19, 2009 -> 06:47 PM)
#1 - Jim Thome is the only significant left handed bat in the Sox lineup, unless AJ Pierzynski scares you

#2 - No one would give up any pitching worthy to deal Jim Thome because of hisut contract

Thome's not going anywhere

i could not care less who throws the 1st pitch for the Sox. Has that ever mattered? All I care about is that the sox put out the best lineup possible, which does not include Brian Anderson. Lets get real.