No Obama for Opener

WSoxMatt

QUOTE (hawkubes @ Mar 20, 2009 -> 02:20 AM)
i could not care less who throws the 1st pitch for the Sox. Has that ever mattered? All I care about is that the sox put out the best lineup possible, which does not include Brian Anderson. Lets get real.

so what is the best one? one that features jerry owens or wise?

QUOTE (hawkubes @ Mar 20, 2009 -> 02:20 AM)
i could not care less who throws the 1st pitch for the Sox. Has that ever mattered? All I care about is that the sox put out the best lineup possible, which does not include Brian Anderson. Lets get real.

Welcome to the board.

Usually, if you quote someome else's posts, you do so because you are responding to something THAT POSTER said. Your response has no connection whatsoever to the person whose post you quoted. Usually you just want to hit "Add Reply" at the bottom of the page for a fresh thought.

Also, if you want to discuss Brian Anderson, there are about a dozen threads in this forum discussing the CF position topic.

QUOTE (Melissa1334 @ Mar 20, 2009 -> 07:10 AM)
so what is the best one? one that features jerry owens or wise?

Yes. You're absolutely correct. Speed > Defense.

We should DFA Quentin and sign Joey Gathright while we're at it too. Or better yet, let's trade Buehrle. Why pay a guy all that money to "pitch" when we could sign Dave Roberts for the minimum and he could just run the damn ball to home plate?

QUOTE (Kenny Hates Prospects @ Mar 20, 2009 -> 08:23 AM)
Yes. You're absolutely correct. Speed > Defense.

We should DFA Quentin and sign Joey Gathright while we're at it too. Or better yet, let's trade Buehrle. Why pay a guy all that money to "pitch" when we could sign Dave Roberts for the minimum and he could just run the damn ball to home plate?

i dont get ur sarcasm. i didnt say they were better options. ill take anderson over the other two in a second. i was asking the poster what he thought was better than anderson.

QUOTE (Melissa1334 @ Mar 20, 2009 -> 09:01 AM)
i dont get ur sarcasm. i didnt say they were better options. ill take anderson over the other two in a second. i was asking the poster what he thought was better than anderson.

I know, I was agreeing with you, and responding to the OP by answering your (assumed) rhetorical question sarcastically, not calling you dumb or anything. Sorry for the confusion. You can now hit me with your keyboard if you'd like to.

QUOTE (Kenny Hates Prospects @ Mar 20, 2009 -> 09:41 AM)
I know, I was agreeing with you, and responding to the OP by answering your (assumed) rhetorical question sarcastically, not calling you dumb or anything. Sorry for the confusion. You can now hit me with your keyboard if you'd like to.

lol sorry, i thought u were directing it torwards me. bcuz like u said,i think its defense over speed.

QUOTE (Slydernelson @ Mar 21, 2009 -> 10:48 AM)
It would be cool if he threw out the first pitch on April 10th, the first game of the year against the Twins.

Anyone know if they are going to keep up with the "Blackouts" this year?

Welcome to the board! No idea on the blackouts.