What ever happened to????

rangercal

I don't know why but this post is funny to me.

QUOTE (Winning Ugly @ Jun 18, 2003 -> 10:42 AM)
That's not where the Red Sox would start, since they would want Colon to compete against the Yanks for the AL Title THIS YEAR. Trading Nomar, even with that SS prospect they have, would be a downgrade for them and a waste of time and money.

That prospect (obviously Hanley Ramirez) is now probably the best player in baseball, second only to Pujols. Just looks funny reading an old post like that.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Mar 20, 2009 -> 02:25 AM)
That is correct. I thought they were extreme in their quest to destroy corg, even though he was a fraud.

My biggest lament looking back on the old Sox mlb.com crew was good old Sat46 not living long enough to see the Sox "make it to the far shore" in 2005.

Awww man I remember that.

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Mar 19, 2009 -> 08:25 PM)
That is correct. I thought they were extreme in their quest to destroy corg, even though he was a fraud.

It did seem extreme, although, the story was, he was offered an opportunity to write his own mea culpa and declined. It was annoying to watch the younger posters especially slurp up his lies and thanking him so profusely for posting all that insider information.

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Mar 20, 2009 -> 02:09 PM)
Sure, it's not like he needed a crystal ball to nail that one. :lolhitting

Right. It wasnt like that one time when he was in the room when the declining skills clause was written

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Mar 20, 2009 -> 03:29 PM)
Right. It wasnt like that one time when he was in the room when the declining skills clause was written

I seem to recall Corg mentioning something along the lines of the diminished skills clause not actually existing because it was just some propaganda put out by the media/front office and that Thomas's entire contract was guaranteed. He had seen his contract, and no where in the contract was this supposed diminished skills clause.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Mar 20, 2009 -> 08:06 PM)
I seem to recall Corg mentioning something along the lines of the diminished skills clause not actually existing because it was just some propaganda put out by the media/front office and that Thomas's entire contract was guaranteed. He had seen his contract, and no where in the contract was this supposed diminished skills clause.

I just caught a little bit of that in the threads that I browsed. Whatever it was, it was laughably preposterous.

I could only imagine if someone landed on this site and started popping off some of the things that Corg did. That person would be spit out in minutes

QUOTE (SoxFanForever @ Mar 20, 2009 -> 04:26 PM)
This thread was a fantastic idea. I'm really glad I get to see some of the old names. I kinda miss BrandoFan and all the arguments he would start though :(

Funny thing about Brandofan is I actually thought he was a very knowledgeable poster who backed up his views/opinions in great depth. The problem was when you dared to even slightly disagree with him.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Mar 20, 2009 -> 08:43 PM)
Funny thing about Brandofan is I actually thought he was a very knowledgeable poster who backed up his views/opinions in great depth. The problem was when you dared to even slightly disagree with him.

He also had a problem with the n and other f word.