Some cuts

Dick Allen

I wonder if the Sox will make a push at signing El Duque to a minor league contract where they could assign him to Charlotte and make him feel comfortable and worse case he could get healthy and prove that he could come up and be an effective long guy. Probably not an overall good idea, but it would be nice to make sure that you have Viciedo comfortable.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Mar 18, 2009 -> 04:22 PM)
I wonder if the Sox will make a push at signing El Duque to a minor league contract where they could assign him to Charlotte and make him feel comfortable and worse case he could get healthy and prove that he could come up and be an effective long guy. Probably not an overall good idea, but it would be nice to make sure that you have Viciedo comfortable.

the kid speaks spanish...so its not a huge problem, like with the japenese guys where nobody else speaks the language...I would think a 19 year old kid from cuba would honestly be more comfortable with another spanish speaking 19 year old from a different latin country than with a 40 year old cuban man

Edited by daa84

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Mar 18, 2009 -> 02:09 PM)
Some their games will be on MiLB.tv throughout the year. When they play in Buffalo, Scranton, Durham, Louisville and a few others that I cannot recall.

Once I bought this package and I went through hell cancelling my subscription with MLB. You really have to look hard to find the link to cancel it. I do not if they have made the link more accesible now.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Mar 18, 2009 -> 05:09 PM)
I personally would have rather had seen how Viciedo would do at Birmingham in the bigger park vs. more talent for a while. But oh well, doesn't make too much of a difference I guess.

Might depend on exactly what they think he needs to work on. Where is he more likely to see better breaking stuff, AA or AAA?

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Mar 18, 2009 -> 11:36 AM)
Or just put Konerko, or even Allen himself, as a DH since Thome is all but gone after this season.

yes, probably Allen at DH as I've heard that he doesn't have much of a glove which kinda surprises me because he is a hell of an athlete. he steals about 20 bases a year and the kid weighs 230.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 18, 2009 -> 05:48 PM)
Might depend on exactly what they think he needs to work on. Where is he more likely to see better breaking stuff, AA or AAA?

AAA, no doubt. Some say that there is more talent in AA, but to me that means you are going to have more guys with great arms but not as much refinement. In AAA you will have guys who are polished products and will have better breaking stuff, with more control and command of those pitches. More major league type players

QUOTE (BearSox @ Mar 18, 2009 -> 07:09 PM)
I personally would have rather had seen how Viciedo would do at Birmingham in the bigger park vs. more talent for a while. But oh well, doesn't make too much of a difference I guess.

Less work for me I guess. I was assuming I would be hounded for info on him, Beckham & Flowers.

QUOTE (bighurt4life @ Mar 18, 2009 -> 05:55 PM)
AAA, no doubt. Some say that there is more talent in AA, but to me that means you are going to have more guys with great arms but not as much refinement. In AAA you will have guys who are polished products and will have better breaking stuff, with more control and command of those pitches. More major league type players

That's kind of what I was thinking too. In AA you might have the guy firing up the 98 mph fastball, but he's ready for that. It's the dancing breaking balls he seems so far to need work on, and the guys in AAA kind of hang out there because they can throw some of those.